Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Leading an active lifestyle is important to the many people we serve. In Abbott’s Heart Failure division, we’re advancing the treatment of heart and vascular disease through breakthrough medical technologies in electrophysiology and heart failure (EPHF), allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
For years, Abbott’s MEDICAL DEVICES businesses have offered technologies that are faster, more effective, and less invasive. Whether it’s glucose monitoring systems, innovative therapies for treating heart disease, or products that help people with chronic pain or movement disorders, our medical device technologies are designed to help people live their lives better and healthier. Every day, our technologies help more than 10,000 people have healthier hearts, improve quality of life for thousands of people living with chronic pain and movement disorders, and liberate more than 500,000 people with diabetes from routine ﬁnger sticks.
We are seeking a high caliber Process Development Engineer. Acts as the subject matter expert for the process engineering team and sees establishment of new operations value stream. Develops various processes and implements those into production through thorough validation by working closely with the research/development and quality teams. Supports development activities at suppliers including issue tracking, process development, fixture design, and validation.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Establishes processes based on product specifications.
- Evaluates process and design alternatives based on “design for manufacturability” principles.
- Understands principles of “Cost of Goods Sold”.
- Manages program compliance with “Quality Control” requirements (i.e. Design Control, Process validation etc.).
- Understands IP issues relative to processes being developed.
- Maintains knowledge of new developments in manufacturing and design technologies.
- Understand work environment issues (i.e. OSHA regulations, etc.).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- BS degree in Engineering or Technical Field or equivalent experience;
- 3 – 5 years manufacturing experience
- Experience designing and testing medical devices a plus
- Experience developing manufacturing processes and technologies and designing for manufacturability required
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
· Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
· Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
DIVISION:EPHF Electrophysiology & Heart Failure
LOCATION:United States > Minnesota > Plymouth : 5050 Nathan Lane N
TRAVEL:Yes, 10 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf