At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world – in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals – that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Status : Regular, Full Time
Territory : Vancouver and West Vancouver
Position Overview :
Primary Care Representatives are responsible for creating demand for Abbott Nutrition products and will be considered a strong team player despite working autonomously most of the time.
Under the supervision and coaching of the Regional Sales Manager (RSM), the Primary Care Representative will be responsible for sampling and detailing adult and pediatric products to community based HCP (GP's, RN's, RD's).
Primary Care Representatives play a key role in ensuring customers are well-stocked with Abbott Nutrition samples and materials and that the customers understand how to use them.
This individual will have strong interpersonal skills and show an aptitude for quickly developing relationships and gaining access to customers. He/she will be adaptable from a scheduling perspective and be prepared to do what it takes to drive business objectives according to customer needs and availability.
Primary Care Representatives will possess strong territory management skills and will be expected to maintain records of sampling and selling activities in real time (use of Salesforce.com, pre-post call entries, maintenance of key HCP list, etc.).
He/she will be expected to write his/her territory business plan and ensure proper analysis of territory KPI's while effectively using dashboards to analyze progress and determine next steps.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required in business, marketing or science – background in nutrition an asset.
- 1-3 years' experience in sales. This level normally corresponds to the requirements of an entry-level job that allows the employee to develop his skills in terms of various techniques and approaches to acquire practical experience for various aspects of the job.
- Candidates must live within the vicinity of the territory (Vancouver or West Vancouver).
- This position requires extensive driving of a corporate car (supplied by Abbott) and maintenance of a valid driver's license at all times.
- Must be able to lift, carry and manage car stock and sample delivery to customers.
- Job requires daily use of basic computer software like MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as Outlook and Salesforce.com.