Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Primary Job Function
Working in support of the Medical Devices US Sales Division, the Business Analyst will interface with Sales, Sales Management, Sales Operations, Marketing, and Finance to apply business management principles and financial concepts that maximize the company’s performance against sales and profit goals and minimize risk. Position will support the stand-alone facilities and local Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs) within Medical Device Division of Structural Heart (SH). The ideal candidate must proactively research, analyze, and interpret data to produce substantiated recommendations and to work effectively in a high-pressure, high-demand sales support environment.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Pricing Strategy Development and Decision Making.
- Contract Development and Execution.
- Customer-service oriented mind frame and skill sets to support the field sales team and their price/contract needs.
- Supports the Strategic Pricing and Contracting Manager with the development and implementation of price approvals / financial impact analysis and contract creation / maintenance. Work within audit guidelines for contract approval and contract creation.
- Must have well-honed sense of urgency and ability to work under pressure.
- Works directly with field sales and assists with deal evaluation and creation of analytical deliverable from master financial model.
- Assists with training field sales, typically on a day-to-day, deal-to-deal basis, on tools, policies, and procedures.
- Perform quantitative analysis and provide recommendations and consultative support to area and regional Sales Leaders to achieve desired goals.
- Execute analysis of net contract sales, market share, and contract pricing.
- Owns contract creation from start to finish – collaborative effort with sales team to define price needs, analysis to determine financial impact, execution of required internal review for price approval, documentation of proper approval, and final creation of outbound contract offering to end customer (inclusive of Consignment Agreements).
- Review and redline business terms and coordinate with Legal on contract redlines.
- Execution of formal requests for proposals (RFP)s that may be needed in the of customer-specific contract templates and special formatting and information required of the RFP, including product cross references.
- Perform comparisons to industry/company benchmarks to identify contracting opportunities and best practices.
- Provides reports and analysis to department and senior management as requested.
- Along with business operations partners, execute improvement programs to streamline the flow of various system operations.
- Follows all management approved processes and procedures; alerts management when circumstances require deviation to the approved processes and procedures.
Position Accountability / Scope
- Reports to Manager, Strategic Pricing and Contracting
- Role will be based out of Alpharetta, GA
- Bachelor’s degree
- A 4-year college degree and three to five years’ experience in business, financial, or strategic pricing and contracting is required.
- Desired Qualification: Preferred degree in Finance, Industrial Engineering, or Business (or work experience equivalent to the knowledge obtained in one of these fields). Advanced degree in business, previous experience in the medical device industry, and Six Sigma green belt or black belt certification a plus.
Minimum Experience/Training Required
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of experience in business, finance or strategic pricing and contracting is required.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with attention to detail, ability to work under pressure, ability to work with general supervision, must be autonomous.
- Leadership, problem solving, and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical, strategic and problem-solving skills required
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, SAP, Business objects and PowerPoint presentations
- Demonstrated ability to work seamlessly with remote sites & business partners including building relationship with Sales personnel to be highly effective
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
JOB FAMILY:Sales Support & Administration
LOCATION:United States > Alpharetta : 3650 Mansell Road
TRAVEL:Yes, 25 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf