Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Abbott’s Sturgis, Michigan., location is an award-winning nutrition manufacturing plant, which recently celebrated its 70th anniversary as part of the community. Working here, you’ll feel part of a family – a family of 400 that works together to help nourish the world.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Perform the general activities pertinent to the department, by having a working knowledge of equipment and procedures pertaining to the function assigned. The Powder Products Operation Trainee is responsible for the operation and daily maintenance of packaging equipment, line support for the filling areas, tote room operations, in-process testing, documentation, completing work orders, MITS and wash jobs.
- Labelers/Overcappers - Ensure proper operation of labelers and overcappers, ensure correct labels and overcaps for product being filled are used, ensure daily maintenance of labeler and overcapper, changeover of equipment and track work for various can sizes, routine PM’s for equipment and pull samples as required
- Hand and Auto Packers/Palletizer Tray/Shrinkwrapper - Auto or hand casepacking/traywrapping and pallet stacking of all products, ensure proper operation of equipment, changeover of equipment for various can sizes, routine PM’s on equipment, perform outgoing inspection per work order requirement and stretch wrap finished pallets and supply lid feed system
- In-Process Testing/Documentation Line/Tote room Support
- Forklift Operation - Ensure adequate line supplies of products and materials, staging and removal of pallets, transport full and empty IBC’s, verify IBC/drum releases, record empty IBC/drums and dumping of drums
- Maintain cleanliness of dump rooms, ensure proper operation of IBC/drum equipment, changeover of IBC/drum equipment for various products and routine PM’s of IBC/drum equipment
You’ll also be accountable for providing excellent customer service to the production teams and meeting our compliance standards including FDA, OSHA and Abbott policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- High School Diploma or GED
- Forklift license
- Follow simple written directions & prepare simple reports
- Follow complex written directions
- Routine machine operations (reading gauges & instruments production records)
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, decimals, fractions& proportions
- Prior job experience within manufacturing plant
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
DIVISION:ANSC Nutrition Supply Chain
LOCATION:United States > Sturgis : Building 01A
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf