Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
ABBOTT MATERIAL CONTROL SPECIALIST
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott. Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
With state-of-the-art equipment and advanced automation, Abbott’s Tipp City, Ohio, facility was named Food Engineering Magazine’s “2017 Plant of the Year.” Working here, you’ll feel part of a family – a family of 260 that works together to help nourish the world.
WHAT YOU'LL DO AS A MATERIAL CONTROL SPECIALIST: (RESUME REQUIRED)
• Must have good attendance and perform tasks that need completed in a timely manner or need expedited.
• Loading, Unloading, case picking, Barcoding and Palletizer Operations: Performs all tasks safely, assures accurate documentation, follows all process procedures / Guidelines, assures trailers are loaded to meet weight requirements, performs all tasks in an efficient & effective manner.
• Shipping/Receiving Office Functions: Release orders in a timely manner, assure all documentation is accurate, address people in a professional manner, assure all databases are accurately maintained with timely entries, assure BOL's are signed/dated by Common Carrier Driver and the Clerk during the shift.
• Must communicate safety and GMP concerns to DC Material Control/Tipp City Distribution Center leadership & follow up to assure the concerns are addressed.
• Must communicate via verbal and email with all parties of the business
• Ability to make decisions based on awareness of the area operations is necessary.
• Must be able to lift and maneuver objects of considerable weight (50 lbs).
• This position is accountable for complying with applicable FDA (GMP), USDA, OSHA and Abbott Nutritional Supply Chain regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU’LL BRING
• High school diploma or GED
• Forklift experience
• Warehouse operations experience within a manufacturing environment
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
• A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
• Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
• Training and career development, with on boarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
• Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
• Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
• Paid time off
• 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
• The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
JOB FAMILY:Supply Chain
DIVISION:ANSC Nutrition Supply Chain
LOCATION:United States > Tipp City : Main/Liquid Plant
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day), Driving a personal auto or company car or truck, or a powered piece of material handling equipment
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf