Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Diagnostic testing is a compass, providing information that helps in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of a range of health conditions.
Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools give you accurate, timely information to better manage your health. We’re empowering smarter medical and economic decision making to help transform the way people manage their health at all stages of life. Every day, more than 10 million tests are run on Abbott’s diagnostics instruments, providing lab results for millions of people.
Our location in North Chicago, IL currently has an opportunity for an Inventory Assistant. This new team member will review, audit, process and resolve inventory for our Diagnostic division.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
- Manage customer order queue from affiliates and direct customers, release deliveries to meet shipping expectations.
- Audit inventory on DFCS/ADMS to keep systems in balance and investigate inventory discrepancies during daily order processing.
- Process rejected, expired and short dated products as well as material being destroyed, reworked, or quarantined.
- Compile, analyze and report various key indicators for Distribution operations.
- Ability to function independently and at multiple sites required.
- Support Distribution and Receiving during peak demand.
- Resolve orders on hold for inventory status and cancel orders as requested.
- Monitor system errors logs on DFCS, ADMS, and SAP.
- Resolve problems identified and/or notify appropriate personnel as needed.
- Assist in training activities of employees.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- High school diploma or GED
- Warehousing/Distribution/Inventory Control experience
- Requires warehousing, distribution and/or inventory background
- Strong working knowledge of computerized systems
- Multiple site and independent functionality
- Able to assist in training activities of new employees
- SAP experience
- Forklift Certification
- Ability to work overtime as necessary
- Ability to work in cold storage/freezer at -20˚ C or colder
- Ability to work in cooler at 2˚ C to 8˚ C
- Ability to work at heights up to 40 feet
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
Schedule: Monday – Friday 8:30 – 5:00pm
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
JOB FAMILY:Supply Chain
LOCATION:United States > North Chicago : K02 Floor-1
TRAVEL:Yes, 5 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Exposure to temperatures below 60 degrees Fahrenheit/16 degrees Celsius or above 85 degrees Fahrenheit/28 degrees Celsius on a regular basis, Lift, carry, push or pull weights of more than 20 pounds/9 kilos on a regular/daily basis, Work at heights, e.g. ladders, scaffolds, catwalks, etc.
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf