Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritional and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Currently we are looking for a Field Service Engineer who will join our team and will travel between the Netherlands and Belgium.
Purpose of the job
Install and support medical equipment (highly advanced computer-based systems) for the Abbott Medical new product line (e.g. cardiac mapping and related products) and ensure service agreements and warranty obligations are fulfilled.
• Managing a service region with full ownership by himself.
• Hardware/software field support: includes system installation, maintenance, calibration, upgrades, troubleshooting and repair, also includes demo system maintenance and preparation for congresses.
• Complete field service documentation/records and communicate/disperse service information to the proper departments. No support actions without WO documentation
• Provide support and technical assistance for in-house training courses and congresses.
• Provide system maintenance and troubleshooting training to biomedical engineering departments.
• Extensive European travel required based on ad hoc request, sometimes with short notice.
• Installation of data communication (cabling) optic/hardwire, in a hospital lab environment based on installation plan.
• Execute or Support site surveys together with project leader or equipment sales to ensure project realization onsite.
• Perform PMs on MCS accessory products in hospital and patient homes. PM planning in cooperation/support of planning department.
Bachelor’s degree in electronics, engineering or equivalent.
Minimum of 3 years medical electronics service or related field service.
Strong communication skills: verbal and written.
Strong electronic and mechanical skills including troubleshooting.
Computer skills: MSOffice, Linux
Requires occasional lifting of products and material related to installation of the systems.
Familiarity with cathlab and operating room procedures and protocol would be a plus.
Experience with medical devices and software based medical systems would be a plus.
Fluency in English and Dutch
What we offer
In addition to good employment conditions the 13th month, 8.33% holiday pay, training options you will be a part of a highly motivated team and a good working environment.
How to apply?
You can apply via our website or send directly your application to Valeria Calenici on: firstname.lastname@example.org
JOB FAMILY:Support Services
DIVISION:EPHF Electrophysiology & Heart Failure
LOCATION:Netherlands > Utrecht : Standaardruiter 13
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:Not Applicable
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)