We are seeking a high caliber Administrative Assistant II; who work under general supervision, organizes, plans and performs a variety of administrative support duties. This may include (but not limited to): receiving/screening/directing phone calls and e-mails, making travel arrangements, scheduling appointments, arranging meetings, preparing correspondence/reports/documents/presentations, collecting/distributing data, and maintaining paper/electronic filing systems. The preferred candidate takes initiative to ensure work is done accurately, completely, and in a timely manner.
Impact this role will have on Abbott
- Schedule critical meetings with executives and leaders. This will require collaboration with other administrative professionals. Facilitating all logistics including catering for meetings as directed.
- Sends, answers, screens, and refers/forwards telephone and e-mail messages efficiently as well as tactfully to exchange administrative information within/outside the assigned department. Follows up with other departments to ensure that requests are carried out and information is acted upon.
- Converts presentation material (which may contain technical terminology) to final form from rough drafts using software such as Power Point. May develop or collate presentations as directed.
- Organizes, prepares and distributes essential personnel action documents such as requisitions, job descriptions, organization charts.
- May take meeting minutes or document action items and distribute as directed.
- Based on requests from the department staff, organizes and prepares correspondence, documents, reports, or presentations and distributes as directed.
- Arranges travel reservations utilizing internal travel software (Concur).
- May create, check, and process expense reports.
- Orders and maintains the office supply inventory for the department.
- Resolves and/or facilitates resolution of problems including identifying causes of problems to prevent re-occurrence of problems.
- Performs related functions and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
Your experience(s), education and knowledge will further expand Abbott’s marketplace success:
- High school diploma or other specialized training/equivalent related experience; Associate’s degree in Business Administration is desired.
- Typically a minimum of three or more years of progressively more responsible office experience.
- Incumbents are required to work cooperatively and productively with others.
- Organizational skills, attentiveness to detail and the ability to work under general supervision is required.
- Must be adept at handling multiple assignments (multi-tasking and prioritizing) to ensure completion in a timely manner while meeting assigned deadlines.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational and basic math skills.
- The ability to read, write, and communicate effectively in English is required.
- The ability to understand and comply with applicable Food & Drug Administration (FDA) regulations and Company operating procedures, processes, policies and rules is essential.
- Must be able to use discretion and handle sensitive/confidential information.
- Must be proficient in using various PC-based software packages including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Previous administrative assistant experience preferred
- Experience working in a broad enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish work.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Occasional scheduled overtime may be required.
JOB FAMILY:Administrative Support
DIVISION:CAHF Cardiac Arrhythmias & Heart Failure
LOCATION:United States > Minnesota : 5050 Nathan Lane N.
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf