Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Abbott’s Sturgis, Michigan., location is an award-winning nutrition manufacturing plant, which recently celebrated its 70th anniversary as part of the community. Working here, you’ll feel part of a family – a family of 400 that works together to help nourish the world.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Fluid bed operation
- Weighing/adding minerals and vitamins
- Forklift operations
- Assisting dryer technicians w/production and CIP
- Housekeeping tasks/sanitation procedures
- Operation of IBC filling stations
- Assembly/disassembly of IBC systems
- Assembly/disassembly of various powder transport systems
- Evaporator system operation and CIP
- Injector system operation and CIP
- Dryer system operation and CIP
- Fines reinjection system and CIP
- IBC filling, handling, storage (forklift operation)
- Powder handling systems (transporters to hopper)
- Giving direction and assistance to operators
You’ll also be accountable for providing excellent customer service to the production teams and meeting our compliance standards including FDA, OSHA and Abbott policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 6 months to 1 year of manufacturing experience
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
DIVISION:ANSC Nutrition Supply Chain
LOCATION:United States > Sturgis : Building 01A
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf