Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
The developer will work directly with project managers, business analysts, basis and other fellow team members to design, develop, document and help test new or improve existing SAP business solutions at Abbott.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain current SAP ABAP/4 codes including applying SAP notes, modification on SAP repairs, maintain all current ABAP Z-Objects.
- Proficient in ABAP and Object Oriented programming models, Adobe Forms, WebDynpro and Workflow programming. Hands on experience in PI is preferable.
- Participate as members of the project team in implementing new solution or enhancing existing solutions by working with the business analysts, project managers and other members. Solutions must meet coding standards set in the organization.
- Create and maintain documentation of all processes and procedures according to company policies procedures and standards.
- As members of the SAP support team be responsible for proactive monitoring of critical systems, and supporting all current SAP objects running in production.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of SAP ABAP experience and experience in translating functional requirements into technical design documents and build solutions that meet those requirements.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills. Able to bridge communication between various technical areas for a full and complete understanding of expectations.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently on several simultaneous efforts.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to travel approximately 10%, including internationally.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.