Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
ABOUT ABBOTT DIAGNOSTICS:
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast, accurate diagnosis. Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and transform the way the world is managing health.
Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare operations — with medical diagnostic instruments, tests, automation and informatics solutions for hospitals, reference labs, blood centers, emergency departments, physician offices and clinics.
Our location in Irving, TX, currently has an opportunity for Automation Engineer, Software Systems Engineering
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Responsible for the design and development of engineering solutions for parts,components,or subsystems and other intermediate and moderately complex designs for lab automation systems that integrate to automated IVD system processing diagnostics testing.
- Translates requirements into new solutions - Develops requirements and specifications for new and existing engineering designs.
- Provides input to product requirements to support component or subsystem specifications.
- Design - Proposes designs,implements or assesses designs and verifies part / component or subsystem for moderately complex solutions.
- Responsible for updating / creating detailed design specifications.
- Verifies Solution -Responsible for protocol development and verification of designs.
- Documenting and Managing Change - Justifies changes,quality and regulatory information,and manufacturing readiness information.
- Completes change documentation to include technical rationale and formal verification test results.
- Anticipates and/or Develops/Applies Risk Mitigation - Reviews engineering technical risks and take appropriate action.
- Provides input into risk management documentation including FMEA and risk analyses.
- Collaborates across functional areas - Interprets,presents,and delivers information with product team members,scientists,engineers,and other systems development personnel.
- Ensures quality through design Techniques and Design Alternatives - Participates in Engineering Design Reviews utilizing Engineering Procedures and Engineering Tools and incorporates recommendations.
- Performs Investigations - Participates in investigations to determine root cause for moderately complexity issues.
- Utilizes appropriate experimental,statistical and engineering tools.
- Obtains Customer Feedback for new and/or Improve Products - Gathers and provides inputs from internal sources and from members of the project’s cross functional team to help meet product needs.
- Selects,builds and maintain Third Party Manufacturer (TPM) product and partner relationship - For Third Party Manufacturer products,assesses the assigned part / component or subsystem ability to meet corresponding requirements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- 5 years of related work experience with degree or sufficient transferable experience to demonstrate functional equivalence to a degree
- Applies engineering technical knowledge for specified engineering discipline for subsystem development.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or closely related discipline preferred.
- Knowledge of regulations and standards affecting IVDs and biologics is desired.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
LOCATION:United States > Irving : LC-02
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf