Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
We are recruiting an experienced Associate Clinical Research Project Manager to support our Cardiac Arrhythmias and Heart Failure division.
The selected candidate will be responsible for global project management of Heart Failure clinical trials. As a Clinical Project Manager, you will provide project management expertise throughout the development and implementation of clinical studies. You will interact with various study support groups and the business unit in order to assist in clinical strategy, the development of study plans and project deliverables.
- Facilitating site selection process by conducting meetings with appropriate departments and individuals to review and revise draft site list as necessary
- Managing clinical study timelines, budget by utilizing the appropriate project management tools, selecting providers, managing vendor contracts and ensuring expenditures are within budgetary guidelines
- Facilitating regulatory submissions and communications
- Facilitating the development of clinical execution strategy by conducting meetings with the appropriate departments and individuals to obtain feedback/direction
- Overseeing compliance to study requirements
- Bachelor's degree (technical or non-technical). Technical degree defined as engineering, biological sciences or related medical/scientific field.
- Minimum 5 years' experience directly supporting clinical research or similar experience in a medical/scientific area.
- 1-3 years' experience managing projects and working with clinical professionals within a team, as well as working in a cross-functional product development setting.
- Master's degree will substitute for 1 year of experience. A Ph.D. or MD will substitute for 2 years of experience. • Polished communicator- written documentation and oral presentations/ discussions/ meetings.
- Excellent reputation for building relationships across various levels of an organization.
- Organized, on-time, and detailed project management skills. Energized attitude.
- Proficient knowledge of medical terminology.
- Expertise with GCPs, and regulatory compliance guidelines for clinical trials (e.g. applicable ISO Standards, FDA).
- Advanced knowledge of clinical and outcomes research study design.
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.