Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Achieve the daily production schedules and quality goals. Provide guidance and be a source of information for operators and support groups in the area. Coordinates the documentation, training and provides inputs for performance appraisal and assists in the employee selection process
1. Coordinates daily work direction for manufacturing personnel.
2. Support and develop action plans to achieve the departmental goals.
3. Coach, train, motivate and enhance the morale and self-esteem of manufacturing personnel.
4. Disposition and process discrepant product or material for rework or MRB according to procedures.
5. Ensure that the manufacturing personnel follow the appropriate procedures.
Understand all operations support systems including trace ability and documentation systems.
6. Provide feedback for use in performance appraisals and periodic coaching of manufacturing personnel.
7. Ensure the training of new manufacturing personnel to the team.
8. Act as liaison for manufacturing and support groups such as engineering, technicians, production control and management.
Accountability / Scope / Budget
Plans and organizes project assignments of substantial variety and complexity.
Initiates or maintains schedule for projects and project milestones.
Establishes priorities of project assignments.
Decision Making/Impact: Solves complex problems requiring extensive interpretation of procedures and practices to provide leadership in evolving projects.
Selects methods and practices to solve problems using ingenuity, creativity, and a high degree of independent action and initiative.
Proposes solutions independently; makes decisions on projects.
Develops and implements projects from concept to completion.
Minimum Education & Experience
H.S. diploma or equivalent plus 6+ years of related work experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience. Two-year degree or some college credits preferred.
Technical/Business Knowledge - Job Skills:
Applies extensive knowledge of business concepts, procedures and practices and a complete understanding of fundamentals in a functional area, and working knowledge of other related disciplines. Utilizes/interprets advanced data to present documentation and analysis and resolve complex problems. Will perform this job in a quality system environment. Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with governmental regulations.
Cognitive Skills: Performs extremely complex or specialized assignments usually in the nature of projects, requiring working independently. May design, develop, or modify area-specific processes or procedures. Assignments require considerable judgment, high degree of initiative, creative approaches in troubleshooting, and making recommendations for continuous quality improvement of work methods for functional area.