Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Please note: This is a 2nd shift position.
Working under general supervision, this role provides analysis to Supply Chain team members which supports the company's global cash-flow optimization initiatives as well as other end to end supply chain improvements.
- Understands material movement/inventory levels and potential shortages that impact production
- Analyzes potential impact of forecast and production schedule changes; minimizes Supply Chain scrap expenses
- · Determines proper inventory levels and successfully manage supplies for production plan
- Develops and recommend best practices for the material flow systems and procedures
- Develops, maintains and controls a realistic master production schedule by balancing marketing requirements with manufacturing capacity and parts availability.
- Completes duties within a tightly controlled quality environment that promotes continuous improvement and adherence to published operating procedures.
- Communicates forecast and production schedule changes.
- Analyzes potential impact of forecast and production schedule changes on component procurement and production volume.
- Collaborates with Manufacturing and Supply Chain to appropriately manage inventory levels and minimize obsolescence.
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Completes demand & supply forecasts analysis to ensure all relevant business requirements/trends are incorporated and appropriately reflected.
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management
- Publishes pre-established KPI's as required for all inventory related metrics including: forecast accuracy, DIOH, scrap reporting, line order fill rate, stock levels and PD delivery performance.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
Minimum Qualifications ·
Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience with a good understanding of specified functional area as listed below
- 4+ years of relevant work experience without a Bachelor's degree
- Previous experience in supply chain analysis
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- S trong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner
- Inventory management skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Proficiency with MS Office with strong MS Excel skills
- Results driven work ethic
- Able to work independently and collaboratively in a team
- Needs to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor