Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
We are seeking high caliber, innovative students who have an interest in the Medical Devices industry. Patients around the world benefit from our transformational pain management technologies and cutting-edge neuromodulation technologies and our catheter-based and surgical treatment solutions for structural heart disease are focused on ease-of-use and improving quality of life.
- Co-op—Typically a 6- to 8-month, 2 semester, full-time assignment
- Each year, Abbott has Co-ops on assignment at multiple business locations
- The majority of Co-ops have an Engineering focus
- Biomedical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Opportunities may exist in other areas of the business as well, such as
- Information Technology
- Regulatory Affairs
- Students receive learning experiences and meaningful work that challenge and reward, working on projects that directly align to our company's mission
- Co-ops work at Abbott sites across the United States
- California: Los Angeles (Sylmar), San Francisco (Sunnyvale & Pleasanton)
- Georgia: Atlanta
- Minnesota: Minneapolis (Plymouth), St. Paul (Little Canada)
- Chicago, IL
- Columbus, OH
- Santa Clara, CA
- Texas: Dallas (Plano)
Your experience(s), education and knowledge:
- Eligible students must be currently enrolled in the school year of the assignment and the semester following their assignment.
- Candidates must be currently enrolled at an accredited undergraduate or graduate engineering program
- GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Candidate must be available to work full-time (40 hours/week) during the 6 month Co-op session
- Students must be able to work in the US without requiring sponsorship
Your preferred qualifications and education:
- Rising juniors or graduate students preferred.
JOB FAMILY:Administrative Support
DIVISION:CHR Corporate Human Resources
LOCATION:United States > Sylmar : 13150 Telfair Avenue
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS:United States > Abbott Park : AP52 Floor-1, United States > Liberty : 253 Financial Blvd - Building 3, United States > Massachusetts > Burlington : 168 Middlesex Turnpike, United States > Minnesota > Minnetonka : 14900 Minnetonka Industrial Road, United States > Minnesota > Minnetonka : 14901 DeVeau Place, United States > Minnesota > Plymouth : 5050 Nathan Lane N, United States > Minnesota > St. Paul > Lillehei : One Lillehei Plaza, United States > Minnesota > St. Paul > Tech Center : One St Jude Medical Drive, United States > Pleasanton : 5000 Franklin Dr, United States > Santa Clara : 4551 Great America Parkway
TRAVEL:Yes, 25 % of the Time
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:Not Applicable
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf