Description de l'offre
The Infrastructure Tooling Engineer is responsible for providing global technical leadership in the design, engineering, implementation and maintenance of the tools used to manage our global Unix / Linux estate. Its purpose and vision are to engineer, define and govern efficient and innovative Unix Linux solutions and infrastructure in support of the global businesses, through collaboration and driving standardisation of technology platforms and solutions.
This role will carry out some or all of the following activities
· Contribute to the setting of technology standards for the domain, participating in Proofs of Concept initiatives and helping to develop solutions for global adoption across HSBC. The role also performs level 3 support for the domain and the candidate would need to be well versed in standard troubleshooting techniques with a deep technical understanding of hardware and system software and Tooling layers, and associated products/processes.
· Set global hardware and security tooling standards, test and certify in lab facility working with vendors, produce best practice solutions for the domain. Provide consultancy, guidance and collaborate with architecture, projects, support and other engineering teams.
· Deliver all technology authorised by Head of DC Server Engineering.
· Consolidate and reduce infrastructure complexity.
· Determine the strategic direction and execute in each of the Technology areas under Enterprise Services responsibility.
· Ensure service quality targets are met for offered services.
· Drive business stakeholder management to define product roadmaps and market available capabilities.
The role will take on the responsibility of technical SME for one of more Tooling products and will necessarily impact the business and the function through the delivery of consistent high quality performance.
· Experience and proven track record in product design and manufacturing coordination.
· Thorough understanding of the management processes required to run large multi-country IT installations.
· In-depth understanding of the technical product and platform usages within a large Enterprise Services and Architecture department.
· Ability to work in a multi country, culturally diverse and time zone separated management role.
· Good communications skills and ability to motivate and communicate at all levels of the organization.
· Strong programming and scripting background. Analytical with the ability to understand and resolve complex problems. Sys Admin skill-set UNIX Linux and Windows.
· Infrastructure Tooling subject matter expert and strong knowledge of UNIX/Linux platforms.
· Proven track record in infrastructure engineering.
· In depth knowledge of associated tooling and practises, specifically experience of Centrify, HIDS and HIPS, Control and compliance tooling, adaptive security tooling, infrastructure management tooling HPSA and Universal Discovery.
The base location of this role will be London
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.