Communications Officer – HSBC UK
Some careers prize diversity more than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join the UK Communications team in the role of Communications Officer
To assist in the planning, production and delivery of communication plans to effectively inform and engage colleagues in UK Wealth & Personal Banking.
In this role, you will:
· Build and maintain strong relationships with business stakeholders
· Provide support to senior Communications team members
· Provide communications support to senior leaders in Wealth & Personal Banking
· Source and produce engaging content, e.g. news articles, videos, infographics, fact sheets, talking points
· Develop creative content ideas, from conception to delivery, including recommending new ways to reach frontline colleagues
· Build email newsletters and manage distribution
· Support in event planning and production
· Execute prompt frontline communications in case of issues and incidents
· Provide administrative support, such as maintaining distribution lists, managing pipelines and coordinating team use of collaboration tools
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
· Good understanding and experience in a Communications role, in employee engagement, business continuity and mitigating reputational risk
· Skilled in content production including email software, video production and other formats
· Experience working for a corporate company, experience in financial services would be advantageous but not essential
· Educated to degree level or equivalent
· Excellent command of English language
· Ability to work under pressure, to tight timescales and manage competing demands from multiple stakeholders
Location – Birmingham
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. Within the work place you will have access to various employee resource groups which aim to promote and achieve a health work / life balance and support our diversity ambitions.
When joining HSBC, you will become a valued member of our team, we take the time to get to know you and there will be many tailored development opportunities along the way to support your career to grow as much as you want. We can offer you a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity, shared parental and adoption pay, and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution. But this is only the start, we work closely with our colleagues to understand their life balance needs and we support them with several schemes and initiatives. We can’t wait to tell you about our ways of working, wellbeing agenda and our healthiest human system!
Recruitment Helpdesk :
Telephone: +44 2078328500