Cloud Security Architect - Commercial Banking IT
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
At HSBC, we are transforming technology in financial services, using the latest digital tools and methodologies to make our customers' banking experience simpler, better, faster and more secure.
To achieve this, we have many exciting challenges ahead and are looking for people with a real passion for what they would like to do. Working with some of the best technology talent we are searching for technologists and enablers that will help support us on this journey.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join in the role of Cloud Security Architect. The role holder will be responsible for enterprise architecture, solution design, adherence to group architecture practices and within the IT security team.
Key duties include:
· To define and maintain the enterprise architecture for Security, ensuring compliance with group standards and policies.
· To manage the design activities associated with the Security portfolio of change.
· To contribute to the Enterprise Architecture & Design Practice within Security, including ensuring that the target for architecture (as defined with the IT TOM) is implemented consistently across the function and respective DevOps teams.
· Architect, build and implement security measures, validation procedures, programming and documentation (GCP Cloud Security, Application Security and Vulnerability Management.
· Ensure Products, Projects and Programmes are secure by design and meet compliance requirements.
· Design an automated framework for Security Tool deployment and development and setup of a security alerts/ monitoring dashboard.
· Develop plans and implement systems and procedures to effectively secure company information, infrastructure, intellectual property, and users against accidental or unauthorised modification, destruction or disclosure.
· Design and help implement API Security, Container Security, GCP Cloud Security, security implementation in CI/CD pipelines, Kubernetes and all Google Cloud Products.
Ideal candidate profile
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
· Strong experience in a Cloud Security Architect role with experience of Public and Private Cloud platforms, together with some GCP Security Architecture Experience.
· Strong experience in a technology role that incorporates information security; preferably solution architecture or security operations.
· Expert-level knowledge and implementation experience of security principles covering Identity Management, Networks, Servers & Hosting, Virtualisation, Dockers, Applications, etc.).
· Hands on experience in security systems, including Forge Rock, mulesoft gateways, network protocols, network monitoring, firewalls, IDS, DDOS, DNS, authentication systems, log aggregation and management, content filtering.
· Knowledge and hands on experience on Stackdriver, pub-sub, VPC, Subnets, route tables, Load balancers, firewalls both for on premis and the GCP Cloud etc.
· Experienced in DevSecOps technologies around CI/CD in GCP (Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform).
· DevOps container/orchestration tools experience (Kubernetes, Docker)
· Some programming language (Python, Java) and Linux scripting hands on experience is preferred.
· Certified GCP Architect and ideally hold a CISSP, CISM, CCP, SANS, or GAIC certification.
· Familiarity with various delivery methodologies including Agile.
The base location for this role is 8 Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies. As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.