Role Title: Business Analyst
New or Existing Role? Existing
Grade: GCB 6
Key Accountabilities /Impact on Business
· Compliance Transformation (CT) ensures effective and efficient definition, planning, management and execution of global change programmes related to financial crime risk, supporting the FCR business teams and HSBC to meet its regulatory commitments. Financial crime risk covers key areas such as money laundering, sanctions and anti-bribery and corruption.
· Global Transformation Analysts are at the centre of how Global Transformation shapes, delivers and embeds change working with the business and our delivery partners. They are typically responsible for supporting Requirements Management, Design, Change Management and Implementation Management activities. Analysts work collaboratively with Business Analysts, Process and Business Consultants, delivery partners and subject matter experts in gathering, translating and clarifying requirements and defining design options. In systems related projects and programmes, the role holder will support Software Delivery and IT Operations with the translation of business requirements and designs into more detailed functional requirements and designs, often representing the voice of the customer and business in these discussions. The Analyst will support Change
· Management activities such as early change planning and audience analysis; through to designing and delivering change interventions (e.g. communications, training, support, organisation alignment); and tracking and taking actions on change readiness, adoption, and feedback. Analysts will also support Implementation Management, including planning, controlling and reporting on implementation of the change ‘product', focusing on accelerating benefits and minimising risk during deployment. Implementation activities will also include managing implementation readiness and managing the early stages of implementation (e.g. pilot). In reengineering projects, they will support Process Consultants in analysing and re-engineering world class business processes.
V alue Creation
· Works well with others and puts self in others shoes to gain a greater understanding of their point of view
· Maintains personal and professional development - upgrades professional knowledge, skills, experience and accreditation; acts as a good team member
· Accepts the continuing need for flexibility and takes a supportive, practical approach to change and innovation; participates and learns about the change to effectively adapt
Takes accountability for work / time management; produces high quality outputs and works without needing constant supervision, approaching new tasks or challenges with confidence and enthusiasm
· Solves problems systematically, logically and independently and where appropriate involving supervisors
· Shapes basic ideas, makes suggestions in regards to potential quick wins
· Understands basic tools from the re-engineering toolkit and uses these to conduct basic analysis - gathering current state data (operations, financial etc) and identifying improvement opportunities
O perational Performance
Gathers and details business requirements, supporting prioritisation and traceability
Designs parts of a solution based on the business requirements
Supports on planning a change approach, including considerations on how to manage impacts to the change audience (e.g. planning/ sequencing of change activities)
Supports change journey planning and highlights any risks and issues
Supports team to define and manage implementation (e.g. definition of interim and target states, pilot/ roll out approach and managing implementation readiness); manages individual implementation activities (e.g. develops training materials)
Prepares and delivers change communications and training to change audiences
Supports process mapping/ re-engineering design activities using standard tools for both statistical and qualitative methods
Supports re-engineering delivery and implementation activities Supports the production of business case
Capability and People Development
Understands the importance of connecting effectively with others to achieve their own and team goals
Builds professional relationships within work area and utilises this to learn from others and re-use existing Global Transformation knowledge and material
Maintains personal and professional development - upgrades professional knowledge, skills, experience and accreditation, allowing movement quickly and efficiently between work activities of different focus
Brings drive and energy to own role, as well as an enthusiasm to collaborate productively with others
Participates in team engagement and motivation initiatives (e.g. learning and development opportunities, team networking events etc.)
Speaks confidently and fluently using appropriate pace and level; writes clearly and concisely to convey information accurately and effectively
· Takes accountability for work / time management; works without needing constant supervision, approaching new tasks or challenges with confidence
Solving uncertain problems – Analysts will often need to tackle difficult problems where some factors are uncertain and agree outcomes with multiple stakeholders with different interests and viewpoints.
Multi-disciplinary – Analysts need to be able to support the shaping of business requirements and solution designs that encompass all aspects of the delivery (customer, people, process, policy, technology - system, data, infrastructure, etc).
· The vision statement for Transformation is “To be the businesses' primary change partner, support the implementation of the Group Strategy and make change a source of sustainable competitive advantage for HSBC”. The job is a major point of contact with the business and IT. The jobholder works independently and has a high level of flexibility to consult with the business at all levels. They will need to have the ability to work closely with and build good relationships with Software Delivery, IT Operations, Service Delivery, and with other delivery partners and Global Functions. The jobholder is expected to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously, taking a lead analyst role in larger projects, directing all analyst activity.
· The value of this role should not be measured by the size of the team, but by the impact the team is expected to deliver within the programme or project.
Management of Risk
· The jobholder will support the assessment of operational risks and likelihood of operational risk occurring. This will be achieved by reviewing risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing global economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new processes. Effective and timely remedial action should be evidenced. Group Programmes and regional/local programmes/projects must be managed in accordance with the Group Controls Framework and with relevant FIMs. Solutions must comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements - albeit that inherent in the role is the requirement to challenge our interpretation of these requirements to ensure that we take a commercial approach to their implementation
Observation of Internal Controls
· The jobholder will adopt the Group Compliance Policy by escalating any identified compliance risk in liaison with, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance' embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
· Business Analysts adhere to the Groups standard tools and methodologies :
· Global Transformation Business Consulting Framework
· Global Transformation Process Reengineering Framework
· Global Transformation Initiation Framework
· Global Transformation C&I Framework
· Global Transformation Project Management Framework
· Global Transformation Programme Management Framework
· Group Standard Business Case
· Global Transformation tools like Clarity
Ideal candidate profile
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
Awareness of Global Transformation Business Transformation Frameworks, Agile methodologies and best practice techniques
Awareness of the purpose, values, culture and fundamentals of Global Transformation
An understanding of HSBC Group structures, processes and objectives
Some knowledge of process improvement or requirements gathering techniques
Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective relationships
Overall financial services industry knowledge with specific functional expertise
Experience gathering requirements, process re-engineering or conducting design activity
Experience of communicating effectively with a range of stakeholders
Exposure to change implementation activity
Some experience of data analysis and interpretation.
Good verbal and written communication skills and some experience in face-to-face presentation
· Achieving excellence
· Business analysis and design
· Change and implementation
· Problem solving
· Embrace change
· Delivery at pace
· Impactful communications
· Leading self and others
· Process reengineering
· Tracking and reporting
· Plan management
· Risk and issues management
· Stakeholder management
Q ualifications and Accreditations
Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA) - Desirable
Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) - Optional
Lean Six Sigma Yellow / Green Belt - Optional
Degree in Business Information Systems or a related field-Optional
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.