Storage Sales Intern (Placement Year)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise recently separated from Hewlett Packard to form one of the largest technology companies worldwide, operating in over 170 countries and leading the market within several business units. Working for HPE is an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated, proactive individual to contribute to driving the continued success of the Hewlett Packard Enterprise Servers, Storage and Networking product range in the UK&I marketplace.
The Storage BU are looking to recruit an Intern to work alongside our field sales representatives in this highly lucrative, product focused business unit. The Storage BU falls within the most innovative segment of the Hybrid IT space and provides the opportunity to get involved with HPE’s most forward thinking technologies.
If successful, you will work alongside a sales team that is driven to achieve results. Your role would involve liaising with colleagues within your specialist sales team in order to operate as efficiently and effectively as possible. There is also an opportunity to engage with our valued set of business customers.
You will gain a wealth of experience in how to work efficiently as part of a Sales Team and ultimately gain an understanding of the way in which the sales cycle works in this highly competitive market. Moreover you will be gaining the invaluable experience of working within a corporate environment for a New-to-the-market Multi-National, highly innovative company.
By providing the support necessary for the HPE Storage BU to continually evolve and grow, you will be given the opportunity to make a difference within the organisation and prove that you are a valuable asset worth investing in for the future.
Responsibilities will include:
· Supporting a BU Management with reporting and sales forecasting.
· Supporting sales specialists with sales related tasks and projects.
· Supporting organisation of customer and internal events.
· Market analysis, using the various data sources available.
· Maintaining the Internal Team SharePoint.
· Assisting with ad-hoc requests.
· Compile and analyse data which forms the basis for business decisions.
Education & Experience:
· We are looking for high-calibre candidates that are currently studying a business related degree course at University and are expected to achieve a minimum of a 2:1 grade.
· A candidate who has excellent written and verbal communication skills and can lead by example even in the most demanding of situations.
· You will be working in a constantly changing and fast paced environment therefore you must present skills that show your willingness to adapt to any situation that may arise. Being keen and a willingness to “jump in” are key.
· Experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel is necessary.
· No primary experience in sales is necessary however, you must have solid record of past work experience and/or participation in meaningful extra-curricular activities
· Good teamwork skills and an ability to learn quickly.
· Accuracy and attention to detail – very important.
· Ability to work independently when required.
· Good use of initiative – proactive.
· Fluent in English.
· Excellent communication skills.
Potential interns must be in their 2nd year of a 4 year degree which requires (or has an option for) year 3 to be a 1 year's industrial placement. A Business, Engineering, IT or related degree discipline is preferable but not essential (unless stated in the 'specific role requirements' section), however a target to achieve a 2.1 (based on first year's results and/or predicted second year's result) is required.
In addition to the above educational requirements, Students must be eligible to work in the UK and be available to commence the placement on July 2020
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.