Competitive Technical Marketing Engineer
Competitive TME Master Req# 1038470
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is a leading provider of next-generation network access solutions for the mobile enterprise: http://www.arubanetworks.com/company/about-us .
The job family spans across multiple engineering disciplines. Work consists of designing, developing, analyzing, troubleshooting and debugging systems, software and solutions for research and/or research development of product, services, and solutions for company’s portfolio. Requires a broad knowledge and application of engineering disciplines, methodologies and tools.
· Create competitive technical collateral that can be leveraged by direct and partner sales organizations. The candidate must be able to create content that spans from a value message that an account manager can deliver to the technical audience, which the sales engineer will need to deliver.
· Analyze and understand competitors' solutions that span across multiple product sets. The candidate must have the technical capabilities to determine the underlying technologies and architectures that are used in various enterprise networking offers. Hands on experience in configuring network infrastructure is a must. Experience with one if the following is a plus: Campus Networking, WAN Networking, Datacenter Networking, and Cloud Networking.
· Collaborate with TMEs and Sales organizations to coordinate efforts, jointly identify competitive messaging, and gather Intelligence. The candidate must have a proven track record of working across multiple organizations and communicating clearly. Previous experience in a TME role and a Sales role is preferred; if experience in only one or the other then experience with Product Marketing or Product Line Management is acceptable.
· Present competitive data and enablement to global sales organizations. The candidate must have experience in presenting to sales organizations or to customers. Experience in presenting to both small and larger groups in person, and webinar presenting skills is preferred. Ability to communicate technical information is imperative.
Education and Experience
· Bachelors degree is required
· 10+ Years of Enterprise Networking Industry Experience
· Experience in Sales Organizations preferred
· Experience in a Technical Marketing Organization preferred
· Strong understanding of the enterprise networking industry and underlying trends
· Network Vendor Certifications are beneficial
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English
Knowledge and Skills:
· Using, evaluating, and developing appropriate engineering design tools and software packages.
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
· Conducting reviews of material specifications and hardware and electrical component design
· Evaluating and selecting forms of empirical analysis, modeling and testing methodologies to validate product designs and specifications
· History of innovation with examples of developing new technologies and practices for designs
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at business unit and executive levels.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.