Join our Core Business Services (CBS) team and you will help support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support EY’s growth and profitability. Major teams within CBS include Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources, Enterprise Support Services, Brand Marketing and Communications, Business Development, Knowledge and Risk Management.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
NOTE: this role will support a government account, as such candidates must be eligible/able to receive and maintain a security clearance
An Account Support Associate (ASA) will work directly with high level client-serving professionals (Partners / Principals, Executive Directors, Senior Managers and Managers) to drive project management and engagement coordination for EY’s key account client-serving teams. The Account Support Associate acts as a client chargeable, non-technical team member and utilizes the processes and tools of the service line (Advisory, Assurance, Tax and TAS) to effectively manage projects, activities and initiatives that drive efficiencies for the engagement team and reduce time to deliver services to clients, with a focus on maintaining the highest quality standards.
Account Support Associates interface regularly with engagement team members and external client personnel on large, complex multi-location engagements/accounts. Specific assigned activities may vary based on the needs of the engagement, account or service line.
A high proportion of the Account Support Associate’s time should be chargeable to clients (e.g. – the tasks will be directly part of EY’s products and solutions that we’ve contracted for – audits, tax compliance, etc.). In this role, the ASA is expected to make independent decisions, exercise sound judgment and discretion, and review or coordinate the work of others. Attention to detail, ownership of the entire process, coordination with geographically dispersed stakeholders and a driving personality is crucial to success in this role
· Coordinate and manage multi-location engagements
· Proactively contribute to engagement/account team meetings with strategic client and industry insights
· Proactively identify project risks and opportunities for improving processes
· Act as the knowledge manager for the engagement team, managing internal databases and/or portals designed to facilitate global team communications and coordination of go-to-market strategy
· Manage stakeholder expectations, project plans and communications, and provide status updates as needed to continuously move forward in the service delivery process
· Complete ownership of engagement economics (e.g., hours/budgets/estimates to complete, fees, billings, Work in Process spreadsheets), proactively collaborating with relevant team members (e.g. Financial Management Associate) to resolve any issues that may arise
· Develop strong working relationships with external client personnel, anticipating client needs and communicating with EY account team leadership
· Act as a central point of contact for the assigned engagement(s)
· Gain in-depth knowledge about the services the engagement provides, and utilize that knowledge to recommend ways to improve the service offered
· Collaborate with the account team, business development and resource management teams as necessary to achieve team goals
· Coordinate risk management processes, such as engagement letters, client continuance, independence, family tree, pre-approval and other regulatory requirements
· Monitor and track engagement processes such as Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) filings and instructions on time
· Gain a strong knowledge of the service line and the engagement, and EY's structure, key personnel and firm policies/procedures
Knowledge and skills requirements:
· Strong data analytics and excel skills (e.g. - pivot tables)
· Strong organizational, analytical, mathematical, project management and customer service skills
· Good attention to detail
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent listening, influencing, interpersonal and presentation skills
· Ability to address all relevant information/data and develop practical approaches to solving problems
· Possess creative and curious approach to tackle complex challenges, leveraging internal tools and resources to achieve favorable results
· Results-oriented approach to drive improvements in engagement economics (financial systems, relationship management tools, revenue pipeline, sales cycle reports, risk assessments)
· Proven ability to work independently with minimum supervision, and collaboratively with virtual teams
· Ability to effectively manage concurrent projects, and prioritize multiple tasks including multi-location coordination
· Competent at meeting tight deadlines, performing high-quality work and diligent follow up
· Adept at summarizing and concluding activities, applying appropriate documentation standards and lessons learned
· Adept at protecting confidential and proprietary information
· Proficient in standard and service line-specific software applications and databases
· A minimum of 4 years professional work experience
· Financial analytics, business development and project management experience
· Prior direct client service a plus
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.