EY- Assurance – Senior Associate
As part of our EY-Assurance Team, you would be the main point of contact from GDS for the tasks assigned by the global client serving assurance teams and be responsible for the timeliness and quality of deliverables along with managing day to day operations of those engagements.
We’re looking for candidates who possess technical knowledge, including ability to interpret reviews and accounting standards and strong project management skills along with excellent communication and leadership skills.
Your key responsibilities
· Lead an engagement from the GDS front and ensure the team delivers timely and high-quality work, as per EY GAM and in line with the Global team expectations.
· Demonstrate strong understanding of GAM while performing reviews of procedures performed by GDS staff, along with knowledge of EY tools to make reviews more efficient and meaningful.
· Develop and maintain productive relationships with key EY Global counterparts like Assurance executives based out of Americas or Europe.
· Develop an understanding of EY Quality and Risk Management procedures and ensure these are embedded into the engagement team’s work.
· Proactively discuss workflow management with the assurance teams, allocating resources to the assigned work and monitoring performance against standards. Monitor utilization for one’s team, budget to actuals, and other operational matters.
· Demonstrate professionalism, competence and clarity of communication when dealing with GDS and Global teams.
· Establish expectations of value to be delivered to the respective GDS Global teams aligned.
· Identify opportunities to improve the scope of work for GDS on one’s own engagements.
· Standardize review processes along with leveraging best practices across one’s aligned engagements or beyond.
· Motivate and lead one’s GDS team members, identify and foster key talents, coach and supervise team members.
· Be responsible for various operational matters related to engagements aligned.
· Conduct timely performance reviews and provide performance feedback/training. Lead by example.
Skills and attributes for success
· Knowledge of Indian accounting and assurance standards or knowledge of IFRS / UK GAAP/ US GAAP and International review standards is an added advantage.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Effective interpersonal, risk management, facilitation and presentation skills
· Project management, leadership, coaching, counselling and supervisory skills
· Ability to spread positive work culture, teaming and live EY values.
· The ability to quickly form strong working relationship with colleagues in India and global teams.
To qualify for the role, you must have
· Freshly Qualified Chartered Accountant (ICAI)
· 0-1 year of Sub small experience in Assurance.
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Proficiency in MS – Excel, MS – Office.
· Interest in business and commerciality.
What we look for
· A Team of people with commercial acumen, technical experience and enthusiasm to learn new things in this fast-moving environment
· An opportunity to be part of a market-leading, multi-disciplinary team in the only integrated global assurance business worldwide.
· Opportunity to work with EY GDS Assurance practices globally with leading businesses across a range of industries
What we Offer
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth
strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
· Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
· Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
· Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
· Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.