Our tax professionals help businesses meet complex demands for tax planning, compliance, strategy and controversy. By integrating deep technical and industry knowledge with established methodologies, they work with a wide range of businesses and corporates to help them develop and implement effective, practical and sustainable tax strategies.
If you are considering a career in EY, start ahead by joining our team as Junior Tax Specialist. In your first year at EY,you should be able to gain a more realistic view of our business and workplace environment while we can get to know you better and provide you the platform to gain the knowledge and skills you need tosucceed inyour professional career with EY.
Your key responsibilities
As a Junior Tax Specialist, you will be expected to ensure that all the required work output is delivered in a timely manner in line with or exceeding the key performance expectations assigned for your position.
Skills and attributes for success
· Participating in preparation of initial tax analysis based on case fact and applicable legislation
· Preparing write-ups on various tax matters in English and Azerbaijani based on the results of tax legislation research
· Preparing tax news and updates on changes in tax legislation and tax law applications procedures
· Analyzing, processing and structuring information (data), preparing MS Excel based reports, MS Power Point presentations and MS Word based write-ups
Sharing responsibility, providing support and work efficiently as a team member
Maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress
Participating and assisting in preparing for meetings with target management teams
Assisting in preparing reports that will be delivered to clients and other parties
Maintaining positive relationships both with the team members and client personnel
Understanding and following workplace policies and procedures
To qualify for the role you must have
· Students and Graduates majoring in the field of economics, finance, accounting and joint Law degree or any other Bachelor degree that the candidate considers relevant to meet the aforementioned requirements
· Excellent knowledge of Azerbaijani, English and Russian
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Proficient IT skills (Word, Excel, Power Point) is mandatory
· High level of motivation and drive to start a career in professional services
· 1 year of professional experience is an advantage
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Strong leadership qualities and a good record of extra-curricular activities
· Proactive, dedicated, innovative, resourceful and analytical
· A team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work under the pressure
What we look for
We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect some autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. We are looking for flexible professionals who have the ability to work in shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. You will need the strategic skills and executive presence to give authoritative, realistic advice every time.
What working at EY can offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, a minimum of five weeks of vacation, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that is right for you.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we are using the finance products, expertise and systems we have developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we will make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
The deadline for submission of applications is 31 August, 2019
Only successful candidates will be contacted.