The Talent Team sits within our Core Business Services (CBS) function, providing crucial support to EY Ireland’s 2,000 employee strong workforce. The team is involved in every stage on the employment cycle; from attracting talent to supporting them on their career journey. Our primary focus is to create an extraordinary place for individuals to create their future and have a challenging and rewarding career however long they choose to stay with us.
We do this by collaborating with the business in leveraging our talent, building out an engagement culture, challenging ourselves and focusing on innovation.You can discover where you want to go and seek out the experiences, learnings, skills and relationships that will shape your career and beyond and be inspired by great leaders so you can lead and inspire others throughout your career journey.
The role of HR Advisor within the HR Services team is to provide a wide range of employee lifecycle activities supporting over 2000 employees across the Republic of Ireland firm (UKI and FSO). The team currently has a staff compliment of 6.
Your key responsibilities
· Processing contractual changes for employees including changes to contract (hours, level, salary and benefits), contract extensions, transfers/secondments and resignations
· Delivering excellent service in line with HR processes and ensuring service level agreements are achieved
· Maintaining an up to date knowledge of current EY policy and processes and employment legislation
· Proposing improvements to procedures and documentation
· Managing the annual leave process for the firm
· Managing the sick leave process for the firm. Working with Employee Relations where appropriate
· Ad-hoc HR projects as they arise
· Prepare reports for management to summarise data and show trends
· Develop HR solutions by collecting and analysing information; recommending courses of action
· Consideration of requests in accordance with the firm' policies and re-directing inappropriate requests and/or obtaining sanction for non-standard solutions
· Instructing our outsourced payroll provider & dealing with employee payroll queries
· Monthly payroll auditing
Skills and attributes for success
· High attention to detail
· Well organised
· Problem solving skills
· Ability to manage own workload to changing priorities
· Strong team player
To qualify for the role you must have
· Bachelor's degree preferred with strong academic record.
· Minimum of 3 years’ administration experience within a human resources environment
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Good working knowledge of operational HR systems, preferably Peoplesoft and SAP
· Good working knowledge of MS Office with a focus on Excel and Word
· Good knowledge of working with an external payroll provider
What we look for
We are seeking a motivated and self-starting individual to join our HR Services team. You will have experience in working in partnership with a fast paced business and have the proven ability to be solution oriented and forward thinking. You have to be prepared to push boundaries and challenge the status quo as we strive to deliver our business plan in an ever changing environment and across multiple locations with regional teams in Cork, Dublin, Galway, Limerick and Waterford.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build abetter working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities andcreativefreedom to make things better.Whenever you join, however long you stay, theexceptionalEY experience lasts a lifetime.And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.