The BMC function has an important role to play in helping to achieve EY’s Vision 2020 ambition to become the leading global professional services organization. We work hand in hand with the business to take services and solutions to market; bring our purpose, building a better working world, to life for our people, clients and communities; engage our people and build a high performing culture; and to build the commercial value and emotional resonance of the EY brand.
BMC is led globally by Karen Hopkins. The function is made up of around 2,000 professionals, working across the Executive and Regions in the following areas of specialism: Brand; Marketing; PR/Media Relations & External Communications; Internal Communications &Employee Engagement; Corporate communications.
BMC also includes a number of teams who are responsible for content development, editorial, webcasts, events-staging, strategy, planning and operations. Through the collective power of BMC, and the other teams and specialists we work with, we aim to build a better working world by driving commercial value through distinctive marketing and communications that deliver measurable market impact.
Job Title: Global Solutions & Services BMC Supervising Associate
Job Rank: Supervising Associate
Function: Business Development, Marketing & Communications
Sub Function: Brand, Marketing and Communications
Reports to: BMC Global Solutions & Services BMC Leader
EY’s global Brand, Marketing and Communications (BMC) function supports EY’s purpose of Building a Better Working World by driving commercial value through distinctive marketing and communications that deliver measurable market impact. EY’s Vision 2020 sets an ambitious target to become a $50b distinctive professional services firm and includes having the ‘best’ brand, being the most favored employer in the market, being the #1 or #2 in market share in our chosen services by 2020.
The Global Solutions and Services BMC team is a newly formed strategic function that provides BMC leadership to the delivery of the Vision 2020+ Winning in the market priorities (“solutions”): Alternative Business Models, Managed Services, Client Technology, and the EY Data Agenda.
The Global Solutions and Services function will develop and execute EY’s Global Solutions and Services brand, marketing and communications strategy and activation across all four solutions. The Global Solutions and Services team will be responsible for developing and building standardized assets, processes, and plans that allow BMC to further industrialize and expand our Solutions & Services BMC capabilities and deliverables. The new function will focus on five key areas.
The team’s success will be measured by its ability to:
· Expand EY’s addressable market: differentiated brand position for each value proposition
· Connect target buyers to new value propositions, create distinctive buyer experiences and drive revenue growth
· Embed into and leverage EY’s Solutions across all firm-wide go-to-market activities
· Educate and engage EY communities on new value propositions and business development tools
· Focus market activation in targeted priority regions and accounts, delivering measurable market impact.
The Global Solutions & Services BMC Supervising Associate will be a key member of the Global Solutions & Services BMC team, supporting the creation and smooth execution of our large-scale brand and marketing programs across multiple channels and regions. This role will have responsibility for overall project management support and coordination of various elements of the Global Solutions & Services BMC programs, helping team members connect with each other and across BMC and building network beyond the core team. The role reports directly to the Global Solutions and Services BMC Leader.
The ideal candidate is a strong and resilient team player with excellent communication and project management skills, along with experience and excellence in building trusted relationships across a diverse group of key stakeholders. We are looking for people who have an appetite to progress their brand and marketing careers and knowledge of EY and its service offerings and buyers.
Essential Functions of the Job:
· Play an important role in creating and executing best-in-class brand and marketing programs, including creating plans and timelines
· Lead Solution & Services digital marketing activation and footprint on EY’s new digital platform.
· Provide campaign support across all four solution areas, including development of presentations and reports
· Coordinate various activities and deliverables, including content creation, platforms, communications, and engagement activities, following up on actions and coordinating the team to ensure on-time delivery
· Gather, package and present market impact reports, draft communications and status reports
· Coordinate networks, prepare and support meetings: logistics, agenda, minutes, presentations, follow-ups
· Coordinate key processes, such as independence/BRET and SCORE Assist with budget management
· Manage and drive the creation and deployment of standardized digital assetsActively contribute to building a high performing team, creating and sustaining good working relationships with teams throughout the firm, including Service lines, sectors, regional & business development teams.
· Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills aligned to the new BMC transformation
· Knowledge, Competency and Skill Requirements:
· Demonstrate strong attention to detail and a genuine commitment to maintaining the highest standards across all content and channels
· Be able to prioritize own workload and proactively manage stakeholder expectations; effectively balance multiple priorities, projects and business-as-usual tasks
· Be a team player with a flexible can-do attitude and good interpersonal skills; demonstrate commitment to meeting deadlines and supporting colleagues
· Be able to work under own initiative with minimal supervision and direction
· Demonstrate a good understanding of marketing and communications principles and practice; seek to develop knowledge through new experiences and projects; actively seek out and participate in opportunities to learn
· Demonstrate excellent written and spoken communication abilities
· Demonstrate strong project management skills and proficiency in copy writing and editing
· Demonstrate knowledge of all marketing and communications channels, including social media, and the process of creating material to use on these channels.
· Project supervision responsibility only
· Ideally, this role would be based in London.
· Global travel may be required pending business needs.
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communications (or equivalent area of study or experience).
· Experience in marketing, communications or business development, ideally in a B2B environment
· Experience in project management/program execution
· Experience working in a cross-border environment (ideal but not essential).