Global Operations at GCR:
At Global Operations, we centrally manage multi-country contracts that deliver GCR services to clients and through central management, we ensure global compliance, risk mitigation and visibility/control on the overall contract performance. Global Operations is made of five pillars – Service Management, Commercial Management, Transition Management, Technology & Data Management and Delivery Executive/Leads. Commercial Management team’s focus is bringing all commercials of GCR contracts to the centre, driving optimization and data-based decision making behaviour for positive outcomes to all parties involved. Our priorities are economics, efficiency, best in class talent & strong client relationships and delivering innovative commercial solutions.
Commercial Lead at Global Operations is a professional with robust knowledge and experience in data, finance and technology that is dedicated to managing commercial aspects of complex engagements and accounts. In this role, you will be working with Engagement and Account Leaders to drive our overall growth strategy for EY’s accounts that are managed by Global Operations.
Acting as a trusted advisor, you will help navigate the business through the commercial complexities of managing global accounts and translating financial data into commercial terms and providing unique and innovative commercial solutions. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Financial Management Specialist who is looking to take the next step up in their career.
You will introduce standard implementation frameworks for key financial processes in order to optimize global performance while providing a clear view of the contract performance to engagement and account leaders. Additionally, you will provide insights on financial performance of the contract as well as facilitate forward thinking modelling and advise on various financial decisions.
In this role, you will be collaborating with engagement leaders and engagement teams to centrally oversee and manage commercials of complex engagements and accounts.
You will oversee and lead financial processes such as contract management (that includes scope and fee updates, change request updates, issuing interfirm memos and drafting financial communications), margin management (deploy right resources, maintain right leverage mix, monitor time, billings and expenses for optimum margins), financial reporting and controlling (managing and reconciling expenses, invoicing, true-ups and collections, reviewing actuals and budgets, forecasting, code management and financial reporting), driving fee negotiations and ensuring fair pricing to our clients.
You will not only work with account teams through pursuits and contracting but also manage commercials of the contracts through transition and delivery phases.
You will also advise on various financial aspects such as financial planning, resource management to drive optimum leverage ratios, monitor and measure financial success of the engagements’ and accounts’ strategy while driving optimization and efficiency.
· Ability to assimilate large and complex data sets from various sources and translate that into meaningful insights on commercial implications.
· Facilitate deployment of standard and global commercial management framework and provide solutions to commercial intricacies of complex global engagements.
· Act as a trusted business advisor including providing a clear and insightful point of view, demonstrating forward and flexible thinking and challenging business assumptions.
· Ability to advise and lead/coach account/engagement teams with a clear understanding of the impact and benefit of your commercial decisions to achieve the best margin outcome.
· Demonstrate experience on advising of financial performance and forecast expectations against engagement/account plan throughout the year, with insights and recommendations to achieve optimal financial performance.
· Minimum three years of experience with central multi-country contract management extending from pursuits through delivery.
· Strong financial acumen and understanding of commercial drivers of account and engagement performance
· Exceptional written and oral presentation skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and articulate manner.
· Proactive approach to work and the ability to anticipate the needs of the business and deliver accordingly
· Experience with data cleaning and manipulation, reconciliations and reporting with ability to distil, analyse, interpret and summarize data.
· Experience with Power BI, Advanced Excel and PowerPoint
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting/Commerce