- Location:Issy Les Moulineaux, Ile De France, France
- Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
- Job TypeApprentice
- Technology InterestNetworking
- Job Id1260869
Start Date:September 2019
Cisco is the worldwide leader in IT networking that that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. Cisco transforms how people connect, communicate, and collaborate. Our technology is changing the nature of work and the way we live.
Cisco's activities are built around offers to providers and companies.The solutions for company are split into 4 product families:
- Unified wired and wireless infrastructure
- Unified communications and Collaboration.
Cisco Systems France gathers more than 650 people working for French clients, mostly around sales activities, pre-sales support and services. Technical support is provided by consultants in unified communications and collaborations to help our local, nationals and international customers and reseller partners on projects around IP phones, videoconference, unified communications, customer relationship or collaboration.
In order to ensure the continuous improvement for our sales' teams support and our offers' development, we are looking for a Pre-Sales Engineer in Enterprise Network.
Among a strong team of pre-sales engineers in charge of enterprise networks technologies, you will discover and learn the pre-sales engineer job by working closely with a senior SE. You will work on the most advanced technologies in a showroom used to demonstrate our technologies and solutions around LAN/WAN, Wi-Fi, management and automation (SDN), and programmability.
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Demonstrate, on a daily basis, our products and technologies to our customers, partners, and prospects
- Turning demonstrations in reality
- Follow-up projects (technical answers to RFI/RFP, architectures, product positioning,…), with a particular focus on assisting the team on Proof of Concepts
- Maintain up to date the demonstrations (upgrades, insertion of up-to-date hardware llike routers, switches, firewalls, servers, sensors…)
- Deploy new products and technologies from A to Z and integrate new demonstration scenarios, while being proactive on new demonstrations that could be integrated or modified.
The heart of the mission will be focused on networking technologies. But this mission will allow also to learn around other technologies: Security, Data Center (UCS Compute architecture and VMWare virtualization), and IT tools (active directory, Exchange…).
This mission will allow you to discover and work on the most advanced and innovative technologies in the field of enterprise networks (IPv6, SDN,..), while engaging on topcis such as infrastructure programmability. You will learn the pre-sales missions, integrated in an expert team available to train and mentor you. You will also have the opportunity to meet and interact with our partners, our customers, and collaborate with other teams.
- Graduated from a Bac+2 degree (DUT, BTS…), you are pursuing an Engineer degree (level bac +5) in Computer Science, Telecommunications or other similar degrees and you are willing to join the team for a 3-year apprenticeship contract.
- Fluent in English and French
- You would like to work with the pre-sales team, in a high value-added technological environment, whilst developing your skills and autonomy.
- Technical skills : IP Networks, network security, OS knowledge, development skills (such as python)
- Good presentation skills, ability to work in a team.