- Location:Krakow, Poland
- Area of InterestInformation Technology
- Job TypeNew Graduate
- Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics
- Job Id1244691
Location: Krakow, Poland
Start Date: July 2019
Cisco Systems is setting up a new Software Development hub in Krakow
To support the company's shift from a hardware to software and services, and tackle one of Cisco's top customer challenges. Software Licensing. Our customers and partners find it difficult to consume and activate software due to our complex licensing process with different licensing policies and licensing technologies across our product portfolio.
Cisco Smart Licensing is a new way of thinking about licensing at Cisco that is being applied to all products. Smart Licensing provides a Software Inventory Management System that provides Customers, Cisco, and Selected Partners with information about Software Ownership and Software Utilization.
At Cisco, our vision is to change the way people work, live, play and learn. If you want to work with leading technology and have the desire to succeed in a collaborative, fast-paced global environment then a Cisco graduate role is a great way to begin your career. Working at Cisco is rewarding and fun and we always encourage the contribution of individuals to our company success. Our interns will work alongside experienced professionals, from day one. If you are looking for a career that will impact the direction of one of the leading technology companies in the world, then Cisco is the right opportunity for you.
We are looking for dynamic, motivated individuals with a passion for technology and problem solving, ideally with solid academic foundations in software and Object-Oriented Programming disciplines to develop and test Cisco's new Licensing flagship product Cisco Smart Licensing. Smart Licensing is at the forefront of Cisco's strategy to simplify how our customers interact and consume their licenses on all Cisco Hardware and software products. During your Internship as a Software developer, you will have the opportunity to work with the latest technology and the brightest minds in one of the world's leading IT companies, in an organisation that spans from San Francisco to Dalian.
Day to day that means:
- Working in Agile and Scrum teams to develop new features and bug fixes
- Engaging & collaborating with a global team, responsible for Product Engineering, Development, and support in a DevOps type operation.
- Working with Use Cases, capturing and analysingclient's requirements.
- Analysis of IT case data, user feedback, mailers & discussion forums to identify opportunities for service improvement.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree (Computer Science, IT, Math, Physics, Engineering or similar disciplines preferred)
- Strong analytical mindset, with a burning need to help automate.
- Passionate about technology in general and with a particularinterest in Front and Back-end Development, and Object Oriented Programming (Java, Python, GoLang)
- Basic understanding of the fundamentals of Software Engineering and Development methodologies (Agile, Scrum, DevOps, TDD, BDD, CICD)
- Knowledge of/experience with some of Cisco'sproduct portfolio and services would be advantageous.
- Legally eligible to live and work in Poland (student visa does not apply)