What You'll Do
The Internet is becoming the “Internet of Everything”, and “Things” are driving an explosion in the number of connected devices as well as the volume of data: The “Internet of Things” or “IoT”. Cisco's industry-leading, cloud-based IoT platform enables companies of all sizes to rapidly and cost-effectively launch, lead and monetize IoT services on a global scale. We are building an extraordinary team to develop the next generation IoT Software and Hardware Platform.
- Analyze and understand IoT hardware management ecosystem, market trends and customer needs
- Lead the development of timely business, economic, market and competitive intelligence analysis to support strategic planning initiatives and penetrate new markets.
- Be close to the customer, deeply understand voice of customer (VOC) needs, and measure ongoing customer satisfaction.
- Articulate and document the product vision strategy and define the target market in line with market trends, customer needs and Cisco strategy.
- Define and execute the product strategy for IoT Products; includes new product development opportunity assessments and product improvement recommendations.
- Define and develop the product value proposition
- Define product functional requirements
- Define a pricing strategy for the product(s)
- Develop alternative business model options
- Guide product development project throughout the build/launch process to ensure delivery of the right product to market, within the agreed timescales
- Track the product(s) P&L, revenue, new business and profitability including competitive pricing of the product(s) in the marketplace to achieve desired sales volumes/optimized profit
- Develop and run the product roadmap throughout the lifecycle from conception to retirement
- Serve as voice of the customer for product category and apply to the company's ability to meet or exceed customer satisfaction goals.
- Develop clear and robust product positioning and messaging that differentiates our products in the market. Define key buyers and influencers and assist Marketing to develop compelling messaging approaches.
- Lead Go-to-Market teams that develop high impact, fully integrated sales and marketing tactics that deliver growth, market leadership, and awareness.
- Establish pricing strategy to meet revenue and profitability goals, including base product pricing, option bundling & pricing, and channel-based pricing strategies
Who You'll Work With
Cisco's Internet of Things (IoT) Group builds intelligent networks and software platforms for many different IoT applications.
Do you love challenging product boundaries in a fast paced, agile environment? Our product managers are entrepreneurs in their space, working in a small, innovative team with some of the sharpest product minds in the industry.
Who You Are
We are looking for a product manager for software products that leads Cisco's IoT hardware and software portfolio. In this role, the IoT Product Manager will lead our management software product definition, provide leadership and direction in developing and maintaining the larger IoT experience, be responsible for pricing, go to market planning and facilitate cross functional roadmaps with other product managers.
You will have a deep, hands-on role in defining product capabilities and working closely with engineering and marketing teams.
- 5-8 years of overall work experience with a strong background in systems engineering, product development and/or product management.
- 3+ years of Product Management experience in software, network management, IoT or M2M environment
- Develop project business cases and customer Return on Investment (ROI)
- Deep appreciation for the Customer mindset. Confirmed ability to think Customer-first; successful track record in building strategies and solutions to meet Customer needs
- Has demonstrated project leadership including successfully defining and launching product innovation
- Experience in network deployment and operations processes (eg ITIL) and tools (Prime Infrastructure, Nagios, etc.)
- Understanding of modern SW stacks, eg: Docker, Kubernetes, NiFi, Kafka, Flume etc.
- Understanding of infrastructure services, eg: RBAC, IAM, UI frameworks,
- Understanding of cloud offerings and ability to discuss cloud architectures; familiarity/Strength with AWS and related AWS services
- Understanding of manufacturing environment (Purdue Model/ISA-99, SCADA, PLC, CNC)
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development environments is desired
- Validated ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Business Management or Masters Business Administration
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco