- Location:Richardson, Texas, US
- Additional Location(s)Mexico and RTP, NC
- Area of InterestTechnical Support
- Job TypeProfessional
- Technology InterestNetworking
- Job Id1259968
What You'll Do
IOS-XR is one of the most growing new technologies. The High Touch Technical Services team provides second/third level technical support on a worldwide basis for IOS-XR Operating systems and routers (ASR9000, CRS, NCS6000 to Cisco customers, partners, account teams, and other TAC engineers via phone/email/fax consultation to independently troubleshoot & debug product problems).
Who You'll Work With
Technical Services is team of world-class technical experts whose #1 focus is to help customers deploy and operate their networks effectively while delivering the best possible customer experience. Our success is validated through outstanding financial results, increasing customer satisfaction metrics, industry recognition, and employee satisfaction scores. Cisco's Technical Assistance Center (TAC) is aligned to the GTC's three geographic regions; together, they form one global, borderless TAC.
Role & Responsibilities
A Carrier Services Technical Support Engineer is part of a highly skilled team in a cutting edge technology supporting IOS-XR Operating system and routers (ASR9000, CRS, NCS6000). This role will be located at our Richardson, Texas campus.
You'll provide second/third level technical support on a worldwide basis via phone, email, web and remote access for XR products such as CRS-1 & CRS-3, ASR9000. You have a working knowledge of Networking industry, products and protocols.
Your crisis management skills and ability to handle critical customer issues/problems are second to none. You strive to be an IOS-XR Technical Support Engineer that would be driving projects within the business unit and to be part of several engineering and Technical Content Delivery activities. You will work on problems of moderate to wide scope and moderate to high complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
- You've achieved a Bachelors in a technical field (CS/EE preferred)or equivalent)
- You have 2+ Years of support related experience
- You have 4+ years' experience working in at least TWO of the following SP-focused technologies: Routing Protocols, IPv4 and IPv6, MPLS, Quality of Service, L2VPN
- Your communication skills, both oral and written are top notch
- Your experience includes experience supporting cutting-edge technology such as IOS-XR Operating system and routers (ASR9000, CRS, NCS6000)
- Experience or Certifications in one or more of the following is preferred: CCENT, CCNA, CCNP or CCDA
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Routing Protocols, IPv4 , IPv6, MPLS, Quality of Service, L2VPN, Switching, XR, IOS-XR. CRS-1, CRS-3, ASR9000