Graduate Software Engineer
Start date: August 2019 but we can be flexible
Can you demonstrate a real interest in technology/IT/Telecommunications, either through work experience or perhaps a hobby? If so - we are actively seeking candidates for the Graduate Software Engineer role as part of our Collaboration Conferencing Engineering products team which is a UK based specialist engineering centre for the design and implementation of the most technologically advanced video conferencing infrastructure solutions available in the market today.
We are expanding quickly and we are looking for very good ‘A’ levels or equivalents and a first or upper second class degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Sciences or a related discipline.
We are also looking for people who enjoy working in a very fast paced team, learning something new every day and graduates who are not afraid of taking on responsibility early on in their careers. In return we offer the opportunity to work alongside some of the best engineers in the industry on the most leading-edge products anywhere.
Primary Responsibilities of Graduate Software Engineer:
- Involvement in the specification of new products and features
- Design/development of the products and features, working independently and as part of a wider team
- Both architectural/system design and detailed coding
- Working closely with the test and support teams to ensure and maintain the quality of the product
- Working with other groups (manufacturing/documentation etc) involved in shipping finished products
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and solve complex problems
- Ability to self-motivate with a strong desire to learn and ability to be flexible
- Proven track record of learning new technologies and features on own initiative
- A demonstrable passion for technology and hardware/software development
- Excellent mathematical or scientific qualifications
- A flare for applying mathematics to problem solving
Additional Skills of Successful Graduate Software Engineer (not required):
- Experience of TCP/IP networking, VoIP and Video applications
- Knowledge of C/C++
- Knowledge of low-level system software and/or real time embedded software
- Exposure to video and audio encoding and processing techniques and technologies
- Understanding of processor architectures
- Understanding of assembly languages
- Exposure to cryptography
- Communications and networking protocols
- B.Sc. / B.Eng. / M.Sc. / M.Eng from a top ranked University with a 2:1 or 1st class honours degree in the areas of Computer Science, Engineering, Science, Mathematics or other analytical disciplines
- A minimum of AAB at ‘A’ level or equivalent
- Due to graduate or recently graduated with undergraduate or graduate level degree
- Ability to live and work in the UK with no additional sponsorship from Cisco
- Must be fluent in English
Are You Ready to Change the World?