- Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- Additional Location(s)NONE
- Area of InterestEngineer - Software
- Job TypeProfessional
- Technology InterestNetworking, Security
- Job Id1247621
What will you do
Cisco IT is seeking full stack engineer who has demonstrable experience in building IaaS and PaaS layers to enable next generation Cloud Native applications. As a member of the Global Infrastructure Services, you will be part of a world-class team, that develops database PaaS offerings. As an engineer in our Agile team, you will make meaningful contributions in building our cloud offerings including Mongo, Cassandra and other cloud DBs. You will be responsible for developing front end that enables our clients to consume our services and solution the automated backend provisioning, update and deletion of systems as per client requirements.
Who you'll work with
IT Infrastructure Database team under CIPS (Cloud Infrastructure Platform Services) is looking for an ambitious, motivated individual to join our team with focus in infrastructure engineering / DevOps by rapidly growing our automation and self-service capabilities. You will lead a team of engineers and domain guides to execute on our Multi Cloud strategy.
Who You Are:
Self-starter, passion to learn technologies, good communicator, critical thinking, problem solving, ability to stay focused while working under challenging work situations.
Deep understanding of NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Cassandra and other DBs such as MySQL, MariaDB or PostgreSQL. Experience in working on linux systems. Experience and exposure to OpenStack software/virtualization to control pools of compute, storage, network and build platforms on top of OpenStack VMs. Ability to implement scalable database architectures across availability zones and sites, using building blocks such as Nova, Ephemeral and Netapp SolidFire storage, Keystone and Cisco UCS Compute. Experience in Scaled Agile Framework, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery framework is required along with exposure to toolset such as Jenkins, Git/BitBucket and JIRA. You should have strong exposure to DevOps methodology and lead scrum teams.
You are an expert level knowledge and experience of PYTHON and python rest frameworks along with ANSIBLE.
Good knowledge of software design patterns, and Object-Oriented Programming concepts
Experience with Django Web Framework and writing SQL queries
You shall have 12-14 Years of overall IT experience and leading successful SCRUM teams.
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are rapidly growing our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine crafting unprecedented disruption. Your groundbreaking ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
At Cisco, each person brings their rare talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things taking ambitious risks to craft the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with rare personalities who aren't afraid to change.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
- Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us!