- Area of InterestFinance
- Job TypeProfessional
- Technology Interest*None
- Job Id1261094
What You'll Do
Do you want to contribute to the evolution of Cisco's SaaS business? CX Finance is seeking an APJC Financial Analyst responsible for: Are you ready to be a Business Partner beyond number crunching? Do you want to contribute to the evolution of Cisco's SaaS business? We are seeking a motivated Financial Analyst accountable for:
Reporting & Forecasting
• Develop and maintain a master model as a trusted source for bookings, forecast, Plan and key metrics.
• Facilitate forecast roll up, pipeline opportunities for weekly review, capturing narrative on performance variance and forward-looking trends.
• Drive forecast accuracy through pipeline analyses, data trending and other relevant methods.
• Assess accuracy of Renewal bookings and related metrics. Lead resolution to improve data gap.
• Partner with Operations to ensure SFDC accuracy and alignment to company practice.
• Perform attainment calculations to enable commission payout.
Analytics & Business Support
• Create and maintain a catalog of analyses aligned to APJC key objectives.
• Perform data modeling and quantitative analyses to glean insights into Renewal performance.
• Provide counsel to CX Theater Leaders and Managers on “what the numbers mean”.
• Prepare presentation-quality analyses to support various interlocks, e.g., QBR
• Organize and maintain relevant data proactively – ready to respond to ad hoc requests.
• Create automation and dashboards where applicable.
• Provide Opex analysis and support hierarchy maintenance
Planning & Goaling Administration
• Partner with CX Theater Leaders and Sales Stakeholders to set Renewal coverage.
• Interlock with Theater Sales Controllers to integrate Renewal into overall Sales goals.
• Perform annual plan modeling on Renewal coverage, establishing consensus on input data, methodologies and assumptions.
• Partner with Operations to create and validate goal sheets.
• Validate over-achievements, recommend necessary adjustments and drive resolution.
• Opex Planning and hierarchy maintenance
• Maintain process documentations such as written procedures, flowcharts, email backup support, etc.
• Share best practices to drive process consistency.
• Communicate process timeline with stakeholders to meet deliverables.
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.