- Location:London, England, United Kingdom
- Area of InterestTechnical Support
- Job TypeProfessional
- Technology InterestSecurity
- Job Id1259809
What You'll Do
Cisco Umbrella is looking for a Customer Support Engineer to join our rapidly growing Support Team in London. At Cisco Umbrella, Customer Support is marketing. Helping our customers is the best way to add value to our brand and you are our ambassador in this mission. This is an opportunity to join a fast growing medium-sized global team where you will be able to offer first-class technical expertise for an established product used and loved by tens of millions around the world. You will act as the customer's champion ensuring that Cisco Umbrella provides them with the best possible experience.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Weekday and weekend rota shifts
- Respond to user support requests
- Diagnose and provide solutions to technical issues
- Research issues while maintaining communication with end users.
- Escalate issues to Tier II and Tier III support, as needed
- Create end user documentation and recommend procedure changes to improve efficiency.
- Multitask efficiently
- Maintain composure in a fast-paced professional environment
- Problem solve accurately, creatively and efficiently
- Communicate effectively
- Work well in a global team environment
Who You'll Work With
Cisco Umbrella (formerly known as OpenDNS) creates a new layer of cloud-delivered protection in the network security stack, both on and off the corporate network. Umbrella prevents command & control callbacks, malware, and phishing over any port or protocol.
Who You Are
- Familiarity troubleshooting/understanding LAN/WAN environments, Active Directory, DNS, multiple OS platforms
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for answering technical questions with customer follow-up
- Relevant technical experience
- Ready to work during weekends
- Love helping customers and delivering satisfaction.
- Superior customer service skills - Customer Focused.
- A desire to expand your skills, move into new areas.
- Detail oriented and analytical
- 1-3 years relevant work experience.
- College/University degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent
- Cisco certifications: CCENT, CCNA
- Strong oral communication skills, including the ability to present technical information in user-friendly language.
- Strong team player possessing the willingness to seek feedback, adapt practices and continuously learn and evolve.
- Ability to handle constantly changing flow of traffic remain productive during slow times, be able to multitask effectively during busy times, exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations.
- Ability to prioritize and work responsibly with or without direct supervision.
- Familiarity with ZenDesk, JIRA
- Previous experience with enterprise SaaS