Buyer / Planner - Supply Chain Operations (Smart Card)
The role of the Buyer / Planner will be based at our Maidenhead facility, working with our silicon and IP suppliers around the world, utilising systems, processes and procedures that support SPVSS Smart Card Operations functions.
What You'll Do
The role has the following primary responsibilities
* Place Purchase Orders and action Order Changes on our ERP System, reflecting Customer demand whilst fully exploiting Supplier capabilities and negotiated prices.
* Negotiation of Development, Service and Supply Agreements with vendors, involving internal resources where required.
* Explore and implement opportunities for cost and efficiency improvements across the supplier portfolio. This should include initiatives such as direct negotiation of purchase prices, benchmarking, driving lead time improvements and exploring alternative ways of managing the supply chain.
* Expedite supplier deliveries to meet commitments. Immediately highlight any supplier issues which may cause delinquency. Investigate and put into action possible solutions with suppliers, to recover delivery slippages. Pro-actively expedite suppliers on a managed basis, in order to anticipate scheduling or supply issues.
* Maintain meticulous records to analyse the demand / supply picture in order to be able to accurately maintain planned stock levels.
* Expedite and accurately track shipments with relevant shipping agents, couriers and freight forwarders.
* Liaise with T&Q, Design and Finance teams to resolve any queries or problems with supplier product quality, invoicing and service levels. Raise non-conformance reports where necessary.
* Audit and track Cisco owned materials' held at Suppliers worldwide. In addition actively support/participate in audits at Cisco facilities from both internal and external Auditors.
Who You Are
The person that would suit the role of Buyer Planner is likely to have the following attributes.
Experience and Qualifications
* Ideally educated to HNC or similar standard although in the absence of formal qualifications, relevant, in depth, experience, in a fast moving manufacturing or distribution-based business would be considered.
* Experience in supply chain processes and supplier relationship management.
* Experience of the electronics, aerospace, automotive or telecommunications industries would be a distinct advantage.
* Computer literate, with experience of Windows-based packages, in particular the use of Excel spreadsheets and Word.
* Service orientated with a ‘can do' attitude. Able to cope with a dynamic and rapidly changing supply / demand environment, at the same time maintaining long term plans.
* Flexible team player - to fit in with a small multi-disciplined team.
* Assertive, and confident, with good communication and influencing skills at all levels. Clear and well organised, with good written skills.
* Must be willing to work flexible hours as business needs dictate.
* Accuracy with good attention to detail in facts and figures.
* Able to work on own initiative with a desire to ‘work smarter' and willingness to learn.
* Tenacity to overcome obstacles in order to ensure committed tasks are completed to the required standard on time
This position is in Cisco's Service Provider Video Software Solutions (SPVSS) business. This business includes a leading portfolio that spans the video delivery value chain with solutions including the Infinite Video Platform, cloud DVR, video processing, video security, video middleware, and services groups. Cisco has announced the sale of its SPVSS business to Permira. We anticipate that this role will transition to Permira with the SPVSS portfolio at close.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco