- Location:San Jose, California, US
- Area of InterestAdministrative and Business Support
- Job TypeProfessional
- Technology Interest*None
- Job Id1259981
What You'll Do
In this role, you will provide support for calendaring, travel, expenses, event & meeting management, along with management and oversight of special projects, as needed,for theChief of Staffand otherDirectors, as needed(principals). To perform these tasks effectively, you will be expected to become familiar with the products, people, andorganizational dynamics within Cisco's Data Center Business Group (DCBG). You will be expected to understand how to handle, with a great degree of independence,incoming asks for time, meetings, resources and other needs from the principals. You will be responsible for determining when to refer matters to others, and to whom theyshould be referred. You will be responsible for following up to ensure proper disposition, and make sure nothing falls through the cracks. You will become a core member oftheChief of Staff'steam, attending her staff meetings and organizing team meetings, including social events and all-hands as needed.
● Calendar Management: Manages calendars by prioritizing schedules and meetings.
● Meeting Planning & Organizations: Assists in planning and organizing meetings by taking responsibility for assembling the agenda, location, meetingtechnology (WebEx, TP) based upon participant needs, and all other meeting logistics.
● Event Management: Organizes team meetings, lunches and social events, including any outings and celebrations. Comes up with ideas, gets inputs and approvals,manages the logistics, and any follow-ups.
● Travel & Expenses: Responsible for making travel arrangements and handling expense reports for the principals. Carefully considers and decides the optimum travelarrangements, ordering and expenses, while managing Cisco expenses.
● Special Projects: Provides analytical support to assist principals on special projects. Researches issues, analyzes problems, compiles data, proposes solutions and followsthrough on execution
In addition to the general administrative duties of an Administrative Assistant, daily tasks are carried out at a higher level of complexity. Due to the frequent engagement of the principals across Cisco as a whole, this individual will interface with and coordinate activities with other EA's and executives in Cisco. Work is generally of a critical and confidential nature.
Who You'll Work With
As a crucial member of this forward-looking group, you will work with peers whoarchitect, design, and develop some of the world's best Data Center products that are constantly evolving to meet customer business requirements. You will be interacting and working closely with some of the finest talent in the industry. Can't get better than this, right?
Who You Are
● 5+ years' experience in an administrative environment. A minimum of two years of experience supporting a principal who was at the Director level and above.
● Must be able to work in San Jose office.
• Great attention to detail and the maturity to handle confidential information is a must.
● Advanced knowledge of Mac/Windows desktop computer applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
● Past work experience in the high-tech industry is desired.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate with all levels of Executive/Senior staff and clients.
● Collaborative style, with excellent teamwork. Ability to take ownership of work and strong work ethic desirable.
● Champions improvements. Solves problems and makes decisions. Demonstrates leadership.
● Works in an organized and disciplined manner. Very detail-oriented. Proactive by nature.
● Advanced desktop calendar management program experience.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and businessresults. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.