What You'll Do
Cisco's CX TAC Centres are teams of extraordinary technical specialists whose #1 focus is to help customers globally deploy and operate their networks effectively while delivering the best possible customer experience. Our success is validated through excellent financial results, growing customer satisfaction metrics, industry recognition, and employee satisfaction scores. CX TAC Centres are aligned across to the globe and together we form an awesome team. Our ability to partner with customers in solving their toughest networking challenges is what sets us apart in the industry and keeps customers coming back to Cisco. As digitization crafts our future, we lead with innovation, embrace change, and believe the customer experience is paramount to our success.
As a Technical Consulting Engineer in our best-in-class team you will gain hands-on experience and the ability to earn industry-leading certifications. You'll have access to CX Labs with over $1.7Bn in Cisco assets and you'll use this equipment to stay up to date on ground breaking innovations and understand what makes them tick.
You will be a strategic partner to our customers, saving their business from the impact of network incidents, solving and preventing the recurrence of technical issues. You will solve our customers' toughest problems, ensuring that our customers get expected business outcomes, providing a superior customer experience. You will also receive extensive training and development in both technical and leadership/customer skill areas.
Who you will work with
This role will enable you to work directly with our customers and partners providing second/third level technical support. You will also work with some of the industry's brightest minds who will help challenge and develop your skills. You will collaborate with industry authorities, who value your ideas and perspective on how to get things done. You will also partner with internal engineering departments and product organizations in providing resolution to complex problems with diverse scope.
Who you are
- You are passionate about networking, information technology or computer science and keen to learn new technologies
- You are committed and work hard to achieve customer success
- You hold strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to solve technical problems and fault isolation
- You can multi-task, self-start, work in a dynamic team environment and work independently
- You hold innate crisis management skills and ability to handle critical customer issues/problems
- You can act as a focal point for large account network problem resolution and works on problems of diverse scope, interacting with other specialists across the globe to resolve the issue
- You have strong people skills, and can collaborate effectively with customers and other internal teams
- You are fluent in English (verbal and written)
Required in at least 3 of the following technical areas:
- Suitable IT qualifications in computer science or similar
- 3+ years IP Networking experience and knowledge on networking industry, products, and protocols
- 3+ years' experience with Service Provider routing products (e.g.) ISR, ASR1K, ASR9k or Nexus 9k/7k
- Experience working within an Internet Service provider infrastructure
- Working knowledge of Industry standard protocols BGP, OSPF, ISIS including MPLS applications such as L2VPN, L3VPN and QOS.
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP
- Experience resolving highly complex network issues for large SP customers
- Experience with handling network down situations coupled with solid customer management skills
- Solid documentation skills for case management and technical writing
One or more of the below requirements
- CCIE or CCNP in Routing & Switching / Service Provider
- Python Scripting
- Linux Administration
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking ambitious risks to craft the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with extraordinary personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.