- Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
- Area of InterestFinance
- Job TypeProfessional
- Technology Interest*None
- Job Id1262559
Are you a dedicated Tax Professional? Do you strive for the type of work-life balance that Cisco can offer?
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You will join Cisco's Global Tax and Customs team as a Tax Manager responsible for the US GAAP tax accounting activities related to theLATAM/Canada region and some of the Emerging countriesentities. This region includes approximately 100 entities.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Prepare the monthly and quarterly foreign income tax provision requirements. This includes the accounting for the monthly corporate tax balances, quarterly provision to tax return true ups, and ETR reviews
- Prepare and consolidate the various year- end US GAAP statutory requirements
- Respond to any US GAAP tax accounting related questions that the other tax groups within the Global Tax & Customs team may have in respect of your responsibilities
- Respond to internal and/or external auditors in relation to above matters, on an as needed basis
- Analyze and implement automation opportunities in order to drive efficiency in the process
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
You will be joining Cisco's highly specialized Global Tax and Customs (GTC) team and be based in RTP, North Carolina together with your manager. You will work cross functionally as a member of the broader GTC team and in particular with your colleagues in theLATAM Canada region, some emerging countriesand San Jose, CA.
WHO YOU ARE
You are an International Tax Manager with strong accounting, analytical and US GAAP tax accounting knowledge and skills, the ability to work independently, prioritize multiple tasks, and be hands-on. You are a highly motivated, dedicated, self-starter who is team oriented, with strong communication and collaborating skills to work cross functionally.
OUR MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS ROLE
- Masters in Tax degree or related discipline
- 7+ years of tax experience in public accounting and/or corporate tax department
- Working knowledge Excel
- Good written, verbal and inter-personal skills required
- Work well in a team environment
- Flexibility to work withLATAM/Canadatime zones as needed
ALSO HIGHLY DESIRED
- CPA or LLM
- At least 2 years tax experience in US international tax
- Tax consulting (Big 4 preferred)
- Strong project management skills
- Strong understanding of ASC 740 accounting for income taxes with relevant experience
- One Source Tax Provision Software knowledge
- Spoken knowledge of either Spanish or Portuguese will be a plus
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us!#WeAreCisco