Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
***Candidates must be a US Citizen and be eligible for a Secret U.S. Government Security Clearance ***
What You'll Do
As part of the CX Public Sector Delivery Team, you will work with an outstanding team of Tier 2 and 3 Consulting Engineers and Cisco Technical Leaders. This role calls for specialization in Route/Switch and possibly one of or more technologies (NMS, Wireless, Data-center) while understanding foundations of our network products, protocols and best practices. You will work as part of a collaborative team to provide support to our Public Sector and SLED customer base as well as a POC on particular projects related to any number of consulting deliverables our customers require to support their IT missions. Performs and drives architectural, design and integration engineering for complex network infrastructure solutions. Customer Experience CEs assist customers with tool selection and strategic direction of tools and network management systems. CEs identify and document network/security design and architecture best practices.
Who You'll Work With
The CX Public Sector team provides second/third level technical support at security classification to the Federal and SLED customer base via phone, email, web and remote access for R/S, Security, Collaboration, Datacenter, wireless, Service Provider (both hardware and software) to Cisco customers, partners, account teams, and other engineers via phone/email/ consultation to independently troubleshoot & debug product problems.
Who You Are
Sole US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a clearance
Technology expertise – CCNP/CCIE or equivalent experience
- Consulting on IT projects with deep engineering knowledge
- Communication & Facilitation, Listening & Affirmation, Influence & Persuasion, Public speaking & Presentation, Coaching
Introspective - understand own social style, strength, flaws and relation to others
- Results Focus - ego suppression, objectivity
Team player focused on customer success
- Mature time management skills
- Four-year college degree in Computer Science (or similar
- Equitable work experience if there is no college degree
- Network design skills; examine requirements and provide solutions within the constraints specified. Follows the agile methodology for fast solution delivery, testing, and value realization
- Basic Cisco product knowledge (does not include pricing, licensing, or ordering information)
- Leadership by example, showing others how to do it by being out front. Mentor/develop others
- Ability to operate effectively far outside one's comfort zone. For example, someone with extensive routing experience will need to master network automation within a few months
- Travel up to 25% expected
- Sole US Citizen
- Knowledge of Cisco Tools – Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Technical proficiency: routing protocols, security systems, virtualization (networks and servers), tunneling techniques (GRE, IPsec, and MPLS), IPv6, Quality of Service, IP multicast, NAT
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes
from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change
our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects,
to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers
entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person
to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture
geek? Many of us are. Be you,
with us! #WeAreCisco