Location: Zhanjiang, CN
Company: BASF Asia Pacific
Job Type: Graduate
Job ID: EN_CN_31319
We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
For BASF, diversity is one of the essential keys to business success and the well-being of our employees. We promote an inclusive culture that accepts the diversity of people, experiences and capabilities. By embracing talents and abilities of all kinds, we aim to boost creativity and motivation, and enhance our teams’ performance.
Join the team and connect with more than 110,000 other minds.
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With larger production sites in Shanghai, Nanjing and Chongqing, BASF is a major foreign investor in the country’s chemical industry, and operates the Innovation Campus Shanghai, a global and regional research and development hub. BASF posted sales of over €7.3 billion in 2018 to customers in Greater China and employed 9,317 people as of the end of that year. For further information, please visit www.basf.com/cn/en Objectives:
· The 2-year Young Site Engineer Program provides you the opportunity to learn and develop in leading smart-manufacturing environment and witness the new Verbund (intergrated chemical production hub) investment projects from scratch.
· The program lets you grow with BASF via professional guidance from experienced experts, tailor-made development plans and systematic learning opportunities to develop a solid technical foundation of knowledge and holistic thinking pattern required for future success.
· Upon the completion of the program, you will be offered a key position based on the skills and competencies you developed during the program and your overall performance to support BASF’s new investment project and ongoing dynamic business growth. Main Task:
· Implement the production activities under the guidance of supervisor to ensure the successful achievement of company objectives.
· Implement and ensure compliance with BASF standards regarding EHS in the working activities. Requirements:
· Bachelor or Master degree holders in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Automation and Mechanical Engineering related disciplines with solid professional background.
· High level of mobility throughout China, especially in Zhanjiang, Guangzhou province.
· Good communication skills with proficient English.
· Passionate in developing your long-term career in chemical industry and expanding your area of expertise in production/engineering.