We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2019. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Research Technician – Wyandotte, MI – 2001271
Where the Chemistry Happens…
The Pilot Plant Technician will be part of the N-EDN/T Pilot Plant Resins team and will be based in Wyandotte, MI and support the overall success of the Dispersions & Resins business in North America. The Dispersions & Resins business of BASF develops, produces and markets a range of high-quality resins, additives, colorants and polymer dispersions worldwide. These raw materials are used in formulations for coatings and paints, printing and packaging products, construction chemicals, adhesives, fiber bonding, nonwovens, and paper manufacturing.
Reporting to the Pilot Plant Operations Coordinator, the Pilot Plant Technician will be responsible to operate the pilot plant equipment to create quality samples in a safe, timely and professional fashion to support the EDN business (Dispersions & Resins) and other BASF businesses. The technician is also responsible to ensure that the pilot equipment remains operational and is safe.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success…
· Maintain a high sense of urgency and speed in delivering customer samples.
· Maintain a parts inventory for the assigned pilot plant equipment to be ready when needed.
· Demonstrate a sense of ownership for the pilot plant assets and strong teamwork with co-workers.
· Become the equipment expert and the "Go To" person for assigned assets when equipment/process/computer interface modifications are proposed.
· Demonstrate the highest level of safety and consideration for others working in the pilot plant when operating polymerization equipment.
· Work independently, developing, planning and executing day-to-day equipment operations and maintenance as established in the standard operating procedures.
· Provide process and sample data to sample owners in a timely fashion.
· Maintain clear and concise records of the pilot plant operations. Keep an accurate, up to date, and witnessed lab notebook.
· Support of scale-up of processes to manufacturing when appropriate
· Display capability and willingness to be the lead mechanic on the equipment assigned. The nature of the job is to explore new chemistries and processes at the direction of exempt staff.
· Work safely through the use of proper personal protective equipment and procedures such as Lock Tag & Try and Hot Work
· Must be able to lift 25Kg and Handle 55 gallon drums
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.