Job Field: LOSC - Logistics, Supply Chain & Customer Service
Location: Mattawan, MI, US
Company: BASF Corporation
Job Type: Standard
Job ID: EN_US_1902523
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Packager – Mattawan, Michigan – (1902523)
This position has the knowledge and demonstrates the ability to operate state of the art packaging equipment. Individual will interface with equipment controls to package finished product. Individual will operate packaging line while loading units to be packaged and preparing finished product for delivery or warehousing. Packager will take corrective actions when nonconformance occurs.
· May perform work on various packaging lines to ensure the timely production of products.
· The individual will work as a team member.
· The individual will lift 50 pounds throughout the shift. Maximum lifting will entail 80 – 90 pounds and pushing and pulling up to 100 – 150 pounds.
· Work within a confined space and work with chemicals.
· This position may also require operation of forklift and other material handling equipment.
· Should be able to wear all required PPE including air purified respirators.
· Participate in development and implementation of corrective actions.
· Use of computers to make labels.
· This position may also be assigned tasks in other functional areas as required to help support the overall success of the facility.
· Must be able to perform basic math computations
· Must be able to communicate, read and write
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
· 1 year of experience within the manufacturing environment
· Must have a high school diploma or GED
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.