BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With larger production sites in Shanghai, Nanjing and Chongqing, BASF is a major foreign investor in the country’s chemical industry, and operates the Innovation Campus Shanghai, a global and regional research and development hub. BASF posted sales of over €7.3 billion in 2018 to customers in Greater China and employed 9,317 people as of the end of that year. For further information, please visit www.basf.com/cn/en
· Product Development in Automotive Coating Division based in Shanghai Innovation Campus in EC China
· Take over responsibilities in Projects/Topics to support business growth in a challenging working environment as part of a committed and international team
· Start with “on-the-job” training in Campus Shanghai, which can be potentially succeeded with a training opportunity at our R&D site in Germany for 6~12 months depending on project requirements
· Execute/Manage Phase Gate Projects/Topics. Closely watch and achieve project milestones, timeline and budget
· Transform project/topic objectives into feasible work plans and execute the plans through independent or collaborative work
· Maintain effective coordination with Global/Regional technology community
· Stay updated with current developments in the areas of coatings
· Constantly discuss and align R&D activities with other parties (marketing & sales, customization, production, etc.)
· Promotes know-how exchange and collaboration within Coatings Business Unit
· Ensure compliance to Quality standards TS/EHS
· Constantly develops self and team members
· Guide and provides required training for the work of Associate scientist/Lab Chemists or Technicians
· Education: Master Degree Preferably in Colloidal Science, Polymer Physics, Polymer Chemistry or Chemistry. Oversea experience is a plus.
· Working Experience: Fresh Graduate or 1-2 years in the field of coating related technology. Experience in automotive OEM coating is a plus.
· Fluent in both written and spoken English.
· Good communication skills and team spirit.