BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With larger production sites in Shanghai, Nanjing and Chongqing, BASF is a major foreign investor in the country’s chemical industry, and operates the Innovation Campus Shanghai, a global and regional research and development hub. BASF posted sales of over €7.3 billion in 2018 to customers in Greater China and employed 9,317 people as of the end of that year. For further information, please visit www.basf.com/cn/en Objectives:
· Materials Engineer is to provide specialist services in materials engineering and inspection covering the entire life cycle of chemical plants in BASF group. Main Tasks:
· Material selection related consultancy for R&D, engineering and operation
· Failure analysis and remedy in BASF group sites
· Planning, realization and evaluation of corrosion tests
· Integrity assessment and fitness for service analysis for plant components
· Networking with external materials and inspection community
· Assessment of external metallographic /corrosion labs and NDT suppliers
· Review and appraisal of failure analysis / corrosion test results provided by external contactors or manufacturers
· Evaluation of possible damage mechanisms on basis of the plant operation parameters to develop customized inspection concepts
· Support for the fabrication and in-service inspection for non-metallic equipment and components.
· Radar function on the market for new materials for special purposes, new testing and inspection technologies Requirements:
· Master and above degree in material science / material engineering and related disciplines.
· Proficient command of spoken and written English and Chinese skill mandatory.
· 0-3 years working experience in chemical and petrochemical in process technology.
· Be willing to take over some responsibility, be when required self-dependent, reliable and a good team work
· Be willing to relocation and business trip.