We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine in 2020 as one of America’s Best Employers. We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
I & E Engineer (2001710) – Beaumont, TX
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to be responsible for providing instrument and electrical engineering expertise. You will provide detailed Instrumentation and Electrical engineering of new chemical plants, major expansions and debottlenecking of existing plants and infrastructure facilities. Additionally, you will provide project engineering support during conception, design, and execution.
This is a BASF direct and/or contract position.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
· Leveraging your education and experience, you will be responsible for the interpretation and adherence to BASF Technical Standards, industry standards, and applicable regulatory and design codes, as applicable to specific projects. This includes, but is not limited to, providing quality checks of IFA packages, cross-checking between design disciplines, and supporting production of IFC package.
· Demonstrating your knowledge and experience in providing technical guidance, you will provide engineering technical support during all phases of project execution, technical assistance for commissioning / startup and troubleshooting operational systems assisting maintenance etc., and review, validate/challenge, and provide constructive feedback on new and revised BASF Technical Standards and Site Practices relating to Instrument and Electrical engineering.
· Using your proven organizational skills, you will specifie Instruments and Electrical Equipment and requirements for equipment, obtain Vendor Quotes and provides technical support for procurement process for equipment
· Leading effort, you will provide project Instrument and Electrical Design (FEL and detail – includes IFA and IFC documentation) for small to medium sized projects by working with project managers and other design discipline engineers.
· Striving for innovation and thinking analytically, you will review BASF Safety and Loss Prevention standards, Ecology Standards, and governmental codes and regulations for changes affecting projects, detail design, and retrofits.
· Your effective communication and interpersonal skills as well be evident as you act as BASF's representative for Electrical/Instrumentation design and engineering performed at engineering contractor's office, review quotes with the project manager, and support Site Capital Projects executed by site or area project managers
· Your strong desire for continuous improvement as well as your communication and interpersonal skills will drive you as you support Site Capital Projects executed by site or area project managers.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. you@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.