Job Field: Engineering
Location: Chengdu, CN, 610000
Company: BASF Asia Pacific
Job Type: Graduate
Job ID: EN_CN_34661
We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
For BASF, diversity is one of the essential keys to business success and the well-being of our employees. We promote an inclusive culture that accepts the diversity of people, experiences and capabilities. By embracing talents and abilities of all kinds, we aim to boost creativity and motivation, and enhance our teams’ performance.
Join the team and connect with more than 110,000 other minds.
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With investments in Nanjing, Shanghai and Chongqing, as well as numerous sites around the country, BASF is a major investor in China’s chemical industry, and runs the BASF Innovation Campus Shanghai as a global research and development hub. BASF posted sales of over €7.3 billion in 2017 to customers in Greater China, and employed 8,982 people as of the end of the year. Objectives:
· Performing Conceptual Design for chemical plants with main focus on Process and Technology in Simulation, PFD and P&ID developments and Process equipment design and calculation. (distillation towers, heat exchanger, PSV calculation,…)
· Take efforts to develop high quality engineering deliverables and services by supporting the implementation of BASF quality and safety guidelines Main Tasks:
· Be responsible for using software to simulate continuous and batch process to generate Mass & Heat balance for a Chemical unit or a Chemical plant, working with other units.
· Prepare first draft of Process-Flow-Diagram (PFDs) & Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) as requested.
· Support lead process and project by using simulation software to do energy and fluid dynamic calculation for various process units (e.g. Heat exchanger, distillation, pumps, vaporization, separation etc.) working with other unit.
· Participate the Process Optimization and Plant Debottlenecking process by using economic analysis and/or process simulation tools to define the best point for equipment and process design with consideration of cost, capacity and operation flexibility working with BUs, sites and other function units.
· Provide Commissioning, project start-up and operation call on service in trouble shooting, consulting for dedicated process and technology topics.
· Support IOU (Infra, Offsite, Utilities) projects as required, provide engineering study and design for IOU concept developments.
· Ensuring and complying with BASFs SHE group directive, quality procedures, information protection guideline and compliance policy Requirements:
· Master’s degree with Major in Chemical process or Chemical engineering machinery.
· Proficient command of spoken and written English and Chinese skill mandatory.
· Experienced in relevant software Like Aspen or similar.
· 0-3 years working experience in chemical and petrochemical in process technology.
· Be willing to take over some responsibility, be when required self-dependent, reliable and a good team worker