Overview of duties:
• Early morning start any 5 out of 7.
• Preparing hot and cold dishes in line with the supervisors instructions
• Respecting the food health and safety standards and procedures
• Participating in managing raw materials effectively
• Responsible for his/her professional appearance and will be expected display themselves to MGallery grooming standards and wearing a full, clean uniform at the start of each shift.
• Make sure the correct amount of goods have been ordered and stored correctly
• To produce food following the set standards
• Prepared food should be wrapped up where appropriate for freshness and date stamped
• Report any hazards or any equipment out or order to the head Chef
• Makes sure all goods are used in strict rotation
• Adapts work to fluctuations in volume of guests, to special events and particular guests
• Helps receive deliveries and tidies food items according to storage guidelines
• Responsible for the high standard of the dishes prepared
• Helps keep the equipment used in good condition
• Cleans and tidies the workplace following the supervisors instructions
• Avoids wasting food items
• Helps with inventories
• To understand and comply with food hygiene regulations.
• To follow Health and Safety Policies and Procedures in every aspect.
• To attend all statutory training as required by the Company.
• To be honest, trustworthy, tolerant and punctual
• To be able to competently recount the hotel story to clientele