The System Engineer in Project is the expert in system analysis, definition and implementation of a set of products, a subsystem or system related concepts for complex MO MM projects. He knows in detail the MO MM product and system portfolio and all system related processes. The objective of the System Engineer in Project (SEiP) is to establish a subsystem architecture and defined system concepts which are an optimum for MO MM (world) to fulfill the customer requirements. Consistent system engineering is to be ensured throughout the entire project execution phase in order to minimize the technical risks of complex projects.
• The SEiP analyses the subsystem or system concept related requirements, defines and controls the architecture and interfaces and assumes technical responsibility for the subsystem architecture or the system concept in customer projects of MO MM.
• With regard to the subsystem architecture or the system concept, the SEiP ensures the communication and supports the interfaces between the Project Management, the Bid Group, R&D, Product Line Management, Engineering, technical interface partners and the Customer.
Responsibility for results:
- Analysis and evaluation of all subsystem or system concept related customer requirements
- Technical system documentation (system design, system interfaces, system concepts etc.)
- Reviews of system related documents (system integration plan, system validation plan etc.)
- Subsystem-URS for the subsystem (if applicable) as basis for R&D work and procurement
- Project execution of the relevant work packages based on detailed cost and time planning and controlling
- Technical coordination of the subsystem or the subsystem interfaces.
- Supports engineering teams as well as integration, test, validation and approval work.
Project reporting and support for planning and controlling
- Carries out the controlling for his/her work packages and reports to the technical project management
- Analyses and supervises the fulfilment of the plan with regard to functional, technical and time-related goals, also checks the quality of process and results
- Recognizes deviations in his/her work packages early, identifies causes of problems and resolves them (in coordination with the technical project management, if necessary)
- Deducts project goals from the contract and offer documents, always in coordination with the technical project manager
Interface, partner and risk management:
- Involves R&D, internal and external subsystem suppliers and interface partners timely and escalates in case of shortcomings regarding quality, deadline shifts and collaboration problems with respect to the given timeline
- Develops methods of resolution independently in case of problems with interface partners and puts them into practice (in coordination with the technical project manager)
- Knows the sources of risk for his/her techniques, evaluates them with the relevant interface partners and informs the technical project manager
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time