Siemens EDA is a global technology leader in Electronic Design Automation software. Our software tools enable companies around the world to develop new and highly innovative electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. Our customers use our tools to push the boundaries of technology and physics in order to deliver better products in the increasingly complex world of chip, board and system design.
Senior Software Engineer
We are Growing our team and taking it in a new location with a new domain, real challenges. Are you ready?
Since the inception of Electronic Design Automation we at Siemens EDA have been writing software to assist the best silicon design companies in the world to build the next generation chips through our suite of software called Calibre. As the chip designs get more powerful encouraged by Moore’s Law our problem equally scales.
When a single designer needs over a thousand cores to aid their design then the solution is HPC in the Cloud. We are recruiting for a broad cloud software development role as part of the Cloud Enablement SW team.
We are in the process of developing a platform that will enable these large workloads to be executed efficiently. The work is as varied as it is interesting developing everything from cloud orchestration elements to mirrored Linux filesystems.
You will Develop SW frameworks and tool kits for optimisation, orchestration and monitoring of HPC workloads. Developing and consume a range of APIs and CLIs, whilst working closely with and across internal teams to ensure a coherent solutions
You will work as part of the wider Scrum team contributing towards all tasks and team goals, but more importantly - Get stuck in and build the future
We Would Like To Talk To People Interested In
* Evolving with the changing landscape of HPC
* Working directly with the teams at Azure, AWS and Google to identify how to support EDA workloads effectively
* Ensuring the highest levels of security for inter cloud and multi-cloud environments
* Being part of a founding SW team in Ireland
* Being brave and innovating faster than Moore’s Law
The Ideal Candidate
* Knows how to deliver high performance SW.
* Appreciates the security concerns and posture required for software and infrastructure containing high value customer IP
* Has proven Linux understanding
* Understands how to develop secure communication protocols.
* Will be agile in attitude and has a passion for delivering customer value quickly.
* Can form, articulate and support opinions and narratives from research and POCs
* Has the flexibility to wear different hats as the team grows
* Comes from a diverse technology background with an understanding from the ground up
* Has a problem solving / trouble shooting attitude coupled with strong communication skill
* Has worked with a polyglot stack with hands on development skill in one or more of Golang, Java, C#, Python or C++
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We are siemens
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
Siemens Digital Industries Software. Transform the everyday